Rely on Rosen’s Emergency Medicine for the latest answers on every facet of emergency medicine practice. For decades, this medical reference book has set the standard in emergency medicine, offering unparalleled comprehensiveness, clarity, and authority – to help you put the latest and best knowledge to work for your patients in the ER.
- Practice confidently with easily actionable, dependable guidance on the entire breadth of emergency medicine topics.
- Get expert guidance on how to approach specific clinical presentations in the ER. The “Cardinal Presentations Section” provides quick and easy reference to differential diagnosis and directed testing for fever in the adult patient; dizziness and vertigo; chest pain; and over 20 other frequently seen presentations in the emergency department.
- Effectively apply the newest emergency medicine techniques and approaches, including evidence-based therapies for shock; high-cost imaging; evaluation and resuscitation of the trauma patient; cardiovascular emergencies; evaluation and risk stratification for transient ischemic attack (TIA) patients; and much more.
- Locate the answers you need quickly thanks to a user-friendly, full-color design, complete with more illustrations than ever before.
- Access the complete contents on the go from your laptop or mobile device at Expert Consult, fully searchable, with links to PubMed.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the web site be discontinued.
“An impressive work…belongs in every emergency department library.? – JAMA, review of the last edition. “First published in 1983, this 7th edition of Rosen’s Emergency Medicine, Concepts and Clinical Practice, is a clear and comprehensive two volume reference guide to current emergency medicine practice. As with each edition, emphasis has been placed on presenting evidence-based theory and applying it to clinical practice. Overall, this is an excellent book, if somewhat focused on North American practice, and it is a very useful reference text both for trainees and specialists in Emergency Medicine.” Rosen’s Emergency Medicine, December 2009
Had a look around, no indication whether online access would be included with Kindle version. After having purchased the book via Kindle, I am happy to share that there is extra access via Expertconsult.com
4 stars because I still prefer reading and highlighting from paper. Portability and access is unmatched but I am finding it hard navigating across a large reference book.
If your program requires this book talk with your other residents about placing a bulk order with the publisher. It will run about $281 per copy with shipping.
Product Details :
- Series: Rosens Emergency Medicine Concepts and Clinical Practice
- Hardcover: 2808 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 8 edition (August 29, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1455706051
- ISBN-13: 978-1455706051
- Product Dimensions: 8.7 x 11.1 inches