Elsevier and the American Medical Association have partnered to co-publish this ICD-9-CM reference by Carol J. Buck! Maximize your efficiency and effectiveness with Carol J. Buck’s 2013 ICD-9-CM for Hospitals, Volumes 1, 2, & 3 – Professional Edition. Combining Netter’s Anatomy artwork and the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OGCR) with a format designed by coders for coders, this handy, spiral-bound reference gives you easy access to the information you need to stay up to date and ensure the most accurate billing and optimal reimbursement in both physician-based and inpatient coding. Plus, you can take this resource into certification exams for enhanced testing support!
- Coverage of all three ICD-9-CM volumes includes both inpatient and outpatient codes.
- UNIQUE! Full-color Netter’s Anatomy artwork clarifies complex anatomic information to help you appropriately code related procedures.
- Use Additional Digit(s) symbol in the index identifies codes that require an additional digit to remind you to check the tabular.
- The Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OGCR) are listed within the lists of codes and in a separate index for fast, easy access to the coding rules when you need them.
- Items provide detailed information on common diseases and conditions, helping you code more effectively.
- Symbols throughout the text alert you to new, revised, and deleted codes and clearly identify codes that require special consideration before assigning symbols, including Unacceptable Principal Diagnosis, Use Additional, Includes and Excludes, Non OR Procedure, Code First, Present on Admission, Hospital Acquired Condition, and CC and MCC.
- Additional hints, tips and definitions within specific codes provide extra guidance in coding anatomy, pathophysiology, or other coding directions.
- References to the American Hospital Association’s Coding Clinics®help you find expanded information about specific codes and their usage.
- Age and Sex edits alert you to codes that are used only with patients of a specific age or sex, helping to ensure accurate reporting.
- Omit and Code Also codes highlight government text needing special attention.
This is a must have for all coders. I just love the one with spiral bound. It is easy to use and the pages stay open where you may be working. At the beginning of each section the guidelines are listed in a green back which makes for a very easy way to double check the correct sequencing. I used this for my certification exan and passed with a great score. I would recommend this for beginner to a experianced coder
I needed it for school. It was easy to understand and organized in a way that made searching for codes so easy. The spiral-bound made flipping pages convient.
Awsome book for helping with medical coding. It is the current official ICD Book for taking the Certified Medical Coders Exam.
Product Details :
- Series: AMA ICD-9-CM for Hospitals (Professional Edition)
- Spiral-bound: 1472 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 1 Spi Pro edition (September 10, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1455744972
- ISBN-13: 978-1455744978
- Product Dimensions: 1.8 x 10.4 x 10.8 inches