Passing your admission assessment exam is the first step on the journey to becoming a successful health professional – make sure you’re prepared with Admission Assessment Exam Review, 3rd Edition from the testing experts at HESI! It offers complete content review and nearly 400 practice questions on the topics typically found on admission exams, including math, reading comprehension, vocabulary, grammar, biology, chemistry, anatomy and physiology, and physics. Plus, it helps you identify areas of weakness so you can focus your study time.
- Sample problems and step-by-step examples with explanations in the math and physics sections show you how to work through each problem so you understand the steps it takes to complete the equation.
- Practice tests with answer keys for each topic - located in the appendices for quick access – help you assess your understanding of each topic and familiarize you with the types of questions you’re likely to encounter on the actual exam.
- HESI Hints boxes offer valuable test-taking tips, as well as rationales, suggestions, examples, and reminders for specific topics.
- End-of-chapter review questions help you gauge your understanding of chapter content.
- A full-color layout and more illustrations in the life science chapters visually reinforce key concepts for better understanding.
- Expanded and updated content in each chapter ensures you’re studying the most current content.
- Basic algebra review in the math section offers additional review and practice.
- Color-coded chapters help you quickly find specific topic sections.
- Helpful organizational features in each chapter include an introduction, key terms, chapter outline, and a bulleted chapter summary to help you focus your study.
- A glossary at the end of the text offers quick access to key terms and their definitions.
Please don’t listen to what anyone says. This book is everything that you need to score 90% and above average on HESI. I just scored 92% and some questions and reading passages were EXACTLY the same from this book. Just make flash cards for the vocab words, grammar terms, and some hard to understand anatomy and do all the practice questions. YOU WILL BE FINE.
This review was very helpful in the math, reading, and grammar sections. I also liked the fact that there were more practice tests for science compared to the second edition. There were pictures which helped to make info more clear. However this edition still does not prepare you at all for the anatomy. I bought the McGraw Hill book and used notes to help with a&p. There was a couple extra pages in chemistry in this edition that ins’t in the old edition which did help. Overall: I would definitely recommend this book over the second edition!
I was tested on all areas except for Physics. This book helped me alot with the math, chemistry, a and p, biology. When I took the test the science portion of the test it came straight from the book.
Product Details :
- Series: Admission Assessment Exam Review
- Paperback: 184 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 3 edition (March 20, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1455703338
- ISBN-13: 978-1455703333
- Product Dimensions: 0.5 x 8.4 x 10.8 inches