Students, residents, and instructors swear by Andreoli and Carpenter’s Cecil Essentials of Medicine because it presents just the right amount of information, just the right way. Edited by the late Thomas E. Andreoli, MD as well as Ivor Benjamin, MD, Robert C. Griggs, MD, and Edward J. Wing, MD, it focuses on core principles and how they apply to patient care, covering everything you need to know to succeed on a medical rotation or residency. Masterful editing and a user-friendly full-color design make absorbing and retaining information as effortless as possible, and Student Consult online access offers convenient, flexible reference to the complete contents of the book plus additional clinical photos and radiologic images, videos demonstrating procedures, audio recordings of heart and lung sounds, and more.
- New chapters on “Pre- and Post-Operative Care” and “Palliative Care,” plus the integration of molecular biology and other new horizons in medicine, familiarize you with the most current clinical concepts.
- Student Consult online access offers convenient, flexible reference to the complete contents of the book plus additional clinical photos and radiologic images, videos demonstrating procedures, audio recordings of heart and lung sounds, and more.
- An expanded International Editorial Board provides increased input from respected practitioners worldwide.
- Excellent images and clinical photographs vividly illustrate the appearance and clinical features of disease.
- Masterful editing and a user-friendly full-color design make absorbing and retaining information as effortless as possible.
- Web icons throughout the printed book call your attention to additional content available online thorough Student Consult.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should online access to the web site be discontinued.
“For a medical student or resident, Cecil Essentials is an easier read that provides the ‘core essentials’ at a more reasonable price and lighter weight. It can actually be read in its entirety during a hectic 12-week clinical rotation.” – JAMA, review of a previous edition
This book was really well written and provides great background for understanding various diseases. However, like some of the other reviewers commented, it does not provide the step by step details needed for clinical use.
This is a really nice book when you start read in medicine. It is not superficial but at the same time doesn’t go into much details. It kind of gives a general idea about each topic and if you need further information you go for cecil textbook.
You can’t go wrong as a second year medical student with this book. The language is great and easy to understand and the charts tend to be helpful.
Product Details :
- Series: Cecil Medicine
- Paperback: 1312 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 8 edition (April 12, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1416061096
- ISBN-13: 978-1416061090
- Product Dimensions: 1.9 x 8.5 x 10.6 inches