Anesthesia: A Comprehensive Review is an invaluable study tool for certification and recertification as well as a superb way to ensure mastery of all the key knowledge in anesthesiology. Brian A. Hall and Robert C. Chantigian present nearly 1000 completely updated review questions-vetted by Mayo residents-that cover the latest discoveries and techniques in physics, biochemistry, and anesthesia equipment; the newest drugs and drug categories; and the most recent information on all anesthesia subspecialties. They cover everything from the basic sciences to general anesthesia and subspecialty considerations, with an emphasis on the most important and clinically relevant principles. Access discussions of each question as well as page references to major anesthesia texts. With online access to the text at expertconsult.com, you’ll have the ultimate review guide for the ABA written exam.
- Tests your knowledge of anesthesia through the most comprehensive coverage of basic science and clinical practice for an effective review.
- Features questions vetted by Mayo residents to ensure a consistent level of difficulty from trustworthy sources.
- Features the full text online at expertconsult.com for convenient reference.
- Presents 997 thoroughly revised questions for the most current and comprehensive review of board material, covering the latest discoveries and techniques in physics, biochemistry, and anesthesia equipment; the newest drugs and drug categories; and the most recent information on all anesthesia subspecialties.
- Complies with the new ABA format so you have an accurate representation of the new question style and can prepare effectively.
- Includes discussions after each question, along with references to major anesthesia texts so it’s easy to find more information on any subject.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the web site be discontinued.
“At the onset of Anesthesia, A Comprehensive Review, 3rd Ed., Hall and Chantigian state a clear purpose to their text, namely ‘to identify areas of weakness so that the reader can focus on appropriate topics’ (Preface, p. V). Given the breadth of information review, Hall and Chantigian easily meet their goal.”
-Anesthesia & Analgesia, review of previous edition
Very good book with relevant questions and pretty good explanations. Many questions on the ITE were very similar to those in the book. Also the on-line version is dynamite! You can do questions one at a time and get the answer/explanation right away without having to flip around. It is easy to use during down time in the OR during long, boring cases.
My recommendation is that the presentation is such as exists for the Apple platform . the questions and possible answers , with the possibility of immediately the result with his explanation , so I should be the boar review that you have in the store and format only thing you can improve and meet thus better readers .
My favorite book to study from. I get bored just reading textbooks. Much better for me to do questions, then read the answer/related topic to the questions.
Very appropriate questions. Sometimes a bit too complex- but the whole point is to learn. This is great to pick up when you just have a few extra minutes each day to study & review.
Product Details :
- Paperback: 448 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 4 edition (February 10, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 032306857X
- ISBN-13: 978-0323068574
- Product Dimensions: 0.5 x 8.4 x 10.7 inches