To-the-point information on more than 1000 diseases and disorders surgeons are most likely to encounter
The leading single-source surgery book for house-staff, students, practitioners, and surgeons
A Doody’s Core Title for 2011!
“This is an excellent source of updated, authoritative, and concise information on diseases encountered in general surgery and the surgical subspecialties of otolaryngology, urology, gynecology, orthopedics, plastic and reconstructive surgery, and pediatrics….This is a wonderful resource for all levels of surgical practitioners as well as nonsurgical practitioners. In my experience, it has provided me with a framework to prepare for both oral and written boards. 3 Stars.”–Doody’s Review Service
Authoritative, concise, and completely up-to-date, CURRENT Diagnosis & Treatment Surgery features:
- Wide-ranging coverage that encompasses general surgery and all the important subspecialties including otolaryngology, urology, gynecology, orthopedics, plastic and reconstructive surgery, and pediatrics
- References linked to recent journal articles
- Logical quick-find organization made even more accessible by a comprehensive index
- More than 600 informative photographs and illustrations
- Detailed treatment algorithms
- NEW CD-ROM with content from Quick Answers: Surgery to speed diagnosis of symptoms and signs
- NEW Chapter on Training, Communication, Professionalism, and Systems-Based Practice
- Completely rewritten chapters on Wound Healing, Anesthesia, Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery, The Heart, Neurosurgery, Gynecology, and Orthopedics
About the Author
Gerard M. Doherty, MD
N.W. Thompson, Professor of Surgery
Chief, Division of Endocrine Surgery
Section Head, General Surgery
University of Michigan Ann Arbor, MI
Lange Current Diagnosis and Treatment Surgery is an excellent surgical textbook. It is well organized and easy to read. It covers all the important surgical topics in great detail. By Gregg L. Friedman MD, Psychiatrist, Hallandale Beach, FL
Great book for medical students. This book covers a wide variety os topics and is concise enough for students to master the most important of each subject.
It arrived on time, brand new.
The Current Book gives a complete and easly summary of the surgery disease. Very usefull are the Tables and bibliography to know where search something that you want to depeen.I esteemed mostly the first chapter “Approach to the surgical patient” because is the most difficult and important knowledge to teach.
Product Details :
- Series: LANGE CURRENT Series
- Paperback: 1324 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Medical; 13 edition (August 20, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780071635158
- ISBN-13: 978-0071635158
- ASIN: 0071635157
- Product Dimensions: 9.1 x 7.3 x 1.7 inches