To-the-point information on more than 1000 diseases and disorders surgeons are most likely to encounter
The leading single-source surgery book for house-staff, students, practitioners, and surgeons
A Doody’s Core Title for 2011!
“This is an excellent source of updated, authoritative, and concise information on diseases encountered in general surgery and the surgical subspecialties of otolaryngology, urology, gynecology, orthopedics, plastic and reconstructive surgery, and pediatrics….This is a wonderful resource for all levels of surgical practitioners as well as nonsurgical practitioners. In my experience, it has provided me with a framework to prepare for both oral and written boards. 3 Stars.”–Doody’s Review Service
Authoritative, concise, and completely up-to-date, CURRENT Diagnosis & Treatment Surgery features:
- Wide-ranging coverage that encompasses general surgery and all the important subspecialties including otolaryngology, urology, gynecology, orthopedics, plastic and reconstructive surgery, and pediatrics
- References linked to recent journal articles
- Logical quick-find organization made even more accessible by a comprehensive index
- More than 600 informative photographs and illustrations
- Detailed treatment algorithms
- NEW CD-ROM with content from Quick Answers: Surgery to speed diagnosis of symptoms and signs
- NEW Chapter on Training, Communication, Professionalism, and Systems-Based Practice
- Completely rewritten chapters on Wound Healing, Anesthesia, Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery, The Heart, Neurosurgery, Gynecology, and Orthopedics
About the Author
Gerard M. Doherty, MD
N.W. Thompson, Professor of Surgery
Chief, Division of Endocrine Surgery
Section Head, General Surgery
University of Michigan Ann Arbor, MI
Great book for medical students. This book covers a wide variety os topics and is concise enough for students to master the most important of each subject.
It arrived on time, brand new.
Lange is well-known and i don’t need to say how successful they are.i’m a medical student who intends to be a surgeon one day and bought this book for my general surgery clerkship and as a source i can look whenever i need afterwards.it was more than enough for the clerkship, i got high grades thanks to its explanations and high-detailed info in it.
And the kindle edition is even better than the printed version for me, i could easily highlight the important parts and the parts automatically become a summary under the “my clippings” title.also, it was useful to view popular highlights giving an idea of which parts are the most important .another good point is kindle is so thin and light (as you all know ) and way better than carrying a heavy medical book around.
One of the best desicions i’ve ever made about buying a medical book is this one.what more can i say.
Product Details :
- Series: LANGE CURRENT Series
- Paperback: 1324 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Medical; 13 edition (August 20, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780071635158
- ISBN-13: 978-0071635158
- ASIN: 0071635157
- Product Dimensions: 9.1 x 7.3 x 1.7 inches