Modular, Manageable, Meaningful- help your students discover the life span!
Discovering the Life Span provides students with a strong balance of research and applications.
Many instructors would like to cover the entire life span in a single term and help their students see the big picture. They want students to understand how the domains of development work together and perhaps, most importantly, have their students truly connect to the material. This remarkable text does all of this. Its balanced modular format treats each stage of life and each domain equally throughout the text. With 10 chapters, 3 modules per chapter, and only 576 pages, Discovering the Life Span is more manageable for instructors and students. It allows instructors to cover all areas of the life span without having to sacrifice content during their one-term course and students get a better sense of the entire process of development. Interactive resources like MyDevelopmentLab and MyVirtualChild produce a meaningful learning experience and prepare students to apply content to their personal and future professional lives.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning – The new MyDevelopmentLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Engage Students– Interactive online resources, strong applications, and innovative pedagogy integrated throughout the text produce a meaningful learning experience for students. These tools, along with in-text features encourage students to apply the content to their personal and future professional lives.
- Improve Critical Thinking – “Review, Check, and Apply” sections tied to the Learning Objectives help students clearly understand what they are expected to learn in a given section of the book.
- Explore Research – “From Research to Practice” helps students see the impact of developmental research throughout society.
- Understand Culture and Diversity – In-text “Cultural Dimensions” highlight issues relevant in today’s multicultural society.
- Support Instructors - MyDevelopmentLab’s Class Prep, MyVirtualChild, video embedded PowerPoints, MyTest, clicker questions, and an instructor’s manual provide extensive support for instructors.
About the Author
Robert S. Feldman is Professor of Psychology and Dean of the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. A recipient of the College Distinguished Teacher Award, he teaches psychology classes ranging in size from 15 to nearly 500 students. During the course of more than two decades as a college instructor, he has taught both undergraduate and graduate courses at Mount Holyoke College, Wesleyan University, Virginia Commonwealth University, in addition to the University of Massachusetts.
Feldman, who initiated the Minority Mentoring Program at the University of Massachusetts, also has served as a Hewlett Teaching Fellow and Senior Online Teaching Fellow. He initiated distance learning courses in psychology at the University of Massachusetts.
Feldman also is actively involved in promoting the field of psychology. He is on the Board of Directors of the Federation of Associations in Behavioral and Brain Sciences (FABBS) and he also is on the Board of the FABBS Foundation
A Fellow of both the American Psychological Association and the Association for Psychological Science, Professor Feldman received a B.A. with High Honors from Wesleyan University and an M.S. and Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Feldman is a winner of a Fulbright Senior Research Scholar and Lecturer award, and he has written more than 150 books, book chapters, and scientific articles. He has edited Development of Nonverbal Behavior in Children (Springer-Verlag), Applications of Nonverbal Behavioral Theory and Research (Erlbaum), and co-edited Fundamentals of Nonverbal Behavior (Cambridge University Press). He is also author of Child Development, Understanding Psychology, and P.O.W.E.R. Learning: Strategies for Success in College and Life. His books have been translated into a number of languages, including Spanish, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Chinese, and Japanese.
His research interests include honesty and deception in everyday life and the use of nonverbal behavior in impression management, and his research has been supported by grants from the National Institute of Mental Health and the National Institute on Disabilities and Rehabilitation Research.
Feldman loves music, is an enthusiastic, if not-exactly-expert, pianist, and he enjoys cooking and traveling. He has three children, and he and his wife, a psychologist, live in western Massachusetts, in a home overlooking the Holyoke mountain range.
Delivery was fast,book was in good condition, and out was what I needed for class. If you want to learn even more buy the online lab out helped alot for class.
Product Details :
- Series: discovering the life span second edition (Book 9780205055364)
- Paperback: 576 pages
- Publisher: Pearson; 2 edition (July 11, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0205233880
- ISBN-13: 978-0205233885
- Product Dimensions: 0.8 x 8.7 x 10.5 inches