The world’s #1 visual atlas of dermatology–updated to keep pace with today’s practice
“…should serve as a standard against which all future atlases will be measured…” — The New England Journal of Medicine review of an earlier edition
This compact, diagnosis-speeding guide has virtually defined the field of dermatology for thousands of physicians, dermatology residents, and medical students across the globe. Spanning the entire spectrum of skin problems, it combines laser-precise color images of skin lesions with a concise summary outline of dermatologic disorders, along with the cutaneous signs of systemic disease. A color-coded 4-part organization facilitates review at a glance and features helpful icons denoting the incidence and morbidity of disease.
- More than 1,000 full-color images–many new to this edition
- New sections reflect the very latest clinical perspectives on the diagnosis and treatment of all skin disorders shown
- F ocus on a wide range of skin types highlights skin disease in different ethnic populations
- Thoroughly updated coverage of etiology, pathogenesis, management, and therapy
- ICD 9/10 codes included for each disease
About the Author
Professor and Chairman Emeritus, Department of Dermatology, The University of Vienna Medical School, Vienna General Hospital, Vienna, Austria.
Richard A. Johnson, MDCM, Clinical Instructor in Dermatology, Harvard Medical School, Clinical Associate in Dermatology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Associate in Dermatology, Beth Israel Hospital, Associate Physician (Dermatology), Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Dermatologist, New England Deaconess Hospital, Boston, MA.
Pictures are worth 1000 words when it comes to Dermatology. I like the quick and easy look-up that I get with this book.
The web is great and you can get dozen of picuters if you know what to search. But this gives you the basic wide knowledge to be able do recognize different conditions.
This is a great book. Lots of pictures great information. The text flows smoothly the reference areas are comprehensive. I love having it as an ebook I can have it every where I go.
Very descriptive, loads of information for the health professional. Definitely met our expectations and will help us in our college health practice.
This book is an excellent companion to Fitzpatrick textbook. It covers the most important marks that are essential to easily achieve a correct clinical diagnosis and treatment. It also have a great variety of photos of each case.
Product Details :
- Series: Color Atlas & Synopsis of Clinical Dermatology (Fitzpatrick)
- Paperback: 1104 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Professional; 7 edition (March 6, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 007179302X
- ISBN-13: 978-0071793025
- Product Dimensions: 1.4 x 6 x 9 inches