When it comes to learning ECG interpretation, there’s simply no faster or easier way to master basic rhythms than this unique book. Using a fun and easy-to-understand writing style, this updated new edition uses humor, cartoons, and personal stories to walk you through the entire ECG process: from finding a heartbeat, to monitoring an electrocardiogram, to interpreting the heart rhythm. A unique Flip and See section allows you to view normal ECGs on one side of the page and abnormal ECGs on the other, along with concise text that clearly explains the differences between them. Plus, the completely redesigned Cohn’s Pocket Guide for ECG Interpretation aids both students and practitioners in rhythm interpretation.
- Lay-flat spiral binding makes it easy to use anywhere, and the small size fits into a lab coat pocket.
- Unique Flip and See section at the end of the book allows you to see each rhythm side-by-side with a normal ECG rhythm, while a written walkthrough explains the important differences between the rhythms.
- Excuse Me! features highlight frequently asked student questions with easy-to-understand answers.
- Conversational language and clear illustrations and cartoons make the information easy to remember and fun to learn.
- New and updated information across the entire book includes coverage of new pacemaker strips and now includes 12-lead interpretation and 12-lead axis identification.
- New cartoons have been added to make key points memorable and entertaining.
- Updated algorithms reflect the new 2010 ECC Guidelines.
- Completely redesigned Cohn’s Pocket Guide for ECG Interpretation, a plastic heart rate ruler, aids both students and practitioners in rhythm interpretation.
- Expanded appendix provides illustrations of ECG complexes as they relate to heart damage.
This booklet is actually one of my favorite nursing school books. It explains ECG in a way that is easily understandable – there’s also drawings in it, so it really helps for the visual learner. Highly recommended.
This book is great, easy to read and explains things very simply. I have struggled in the past trying to understand the concepts, but this puts it in such simple terms it is so easy to get. A great book for just learn cardiac electricity in general!
Information is organized in bite size blocks that help the reader to retain and comprehend the information. Great book and would recommend to others.
Very helpful. Makes things clear and simple. Worth the money if having difficulty with reading EKG’s and understanding how everything functions.
I was able to read entire book in a few hours and add notes from my power points from my lectures. Additional notes and hints for me to remember and study from. The only thing that I would have liked to have had is more EKG strips with same rhythms that looked a little different and also more of treatment in detail not just ACLS protocol. I would have liked to be more specific r/e what meds and dosages to give and max doses. I would have preferred it to be available on E book purchase item as it is too much to carry a book for everything easier to have access online.
Product Details :
- Spiral-bound: 214 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 4 edition (August 3, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323084524
- ISBN-13: 978-0323084529
- Product Dimensions: 0.7 x 6.7 x 8 inches