Renowned for its clear writing style, logical organization, level and depth of content, and excellent color illustrations, Fundamentals of Urine & Body Fluid Analysis, 3rd Edition covers the collection and analysis of urine, fecal specimens, vaginal secretions, and other body fluids such as cerebrospinal, synovial, seminal, amniotic, pleural, pericardial, and peritoneal fluids. Expert author Nancy Brunzel shares her extensive knowledge and expertise in the field, presenting key information and essential techniques and procedures, as well as easy-to-grasp explanations of how to correlate data with basic anatomy and physiology to understand pathological processes.
- Vaginal Fluid Analysis chapter covers vaginal wet preps, a topic not found in many other references.
- Case studies help you understand how key concepts apply to real-world practice.
- Full-color images and photomicrographs show you what you should see under the microscope.
- An image glossary presents 94 additional images to help you identify rare and common cells.
- Multiple-choice questions at the end of every chapter allow you to test your understanding of the material.
- A glossary at the end of the book offers quick access to key terms and definitions.
- NEW! Automation of Urine and Body Fluid Analysis chapter helps you understand the automated procedures being used in more and more labs.
- NEW! Body Fluid Analysis: Manual Hemacytometer Counts and Differential Slide Preparation chapter ensures you know how to perform manual analysis methods.
- UPDATED! Coverage of the latest instrumentation keeps you up to date with the technology used in today’s laboratories.
It is a low level read compared to my other mlt books but has great reference info that has helped me in much more than my Urine class over the years! Don’t like that its paper back because I’m pretty rough with my books but at least its cheaper.
I was required to have this book for a medical lab urinalysis class. The book is organized well and is fairly easy to read for a textbook. You don’t get bogged down to heavily in the technical verbage. The color photos are great along with the descriptions. Some basic info is included at the beginning of the chapter to jog your memory if you don’t remember your anatomy and physiology. The index is very useful and the glossery of terms was helpful for quick reference. The charts are nice and help to differentiate between similar testing results. I enjoyed reading this book and plan on keeping it for future reference. The only thing that might have made it better would be a hardback version. Being paperback it “flopped” around somewhat.
One of the best books urinalysis. With simple language and easy to understand for clinical laboratory professionals, this book can be adopted as an excellent textbook in the training of these professionals. As a professor of urinalysis to Brazilian university students in undergraduate Pharmacy have recommended this book.
Product Details :
- Paperback: 464 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 3 edition (April 17, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1437709893
- ISBN-13: 978-1437709896
- Product Dimensions: 0.6 x 8.5 x 11 inches