Bring new expertise to your patient care with the brand new edition of the Lippincott Manual of Nursing Practice, the most complete nursing manual ever!
A classic text since it was first published in 1974, the Lippincott Manual for Nursing Practice has provided essential nursing knowledge and up-to-date information on patient care for nearly 40 years. Now in its 10th edition, this full-color text is organized into five major parts, covering the Nursing Process and Practice; Medical-Surgical Nursing; Maternity & Neonatal Nursing; Pediatric Nursing; and Psychiatric Nursing.
This important centerpiece of your professional library …has been reviewed by dozens of clinical experts—all recognized authorities in their fields. You’ll find all the expert guidance you need to meet virtually every nursing challenge and can be totally confident with recommendations, facts and findings grounded in Official Guidelines from the National Institutes of Health, American Diabetes Association, American Heart Association, American Nurses Association, Joint Commission, AWHONN, and others.
With more than 596 full-color photos, illustrations, and charts organized in a convenient, 1,880 page outline format, the content is evidence-based and filled with procedure guidelines and practical help you’ll put to immediate use, including . . .
• Step-by-step procedure guidelines for more than 150 procedures—with rationales—accompanying appropriate entries so you’ll know what to do next and why.
• Scores of reproducible patient-teaching aids that let you quickly and easily review essential self-care information with your patient.
• Lavish illustrations and photos clarify instructions and concepts.
• Pathophysiology, diagnostics, and therapies
• Nursing assessments, procedures, interventions, and patient teaching
• Ethical and legal issues, wellness and prevention, and genetics
• Easier documentation, drug safety, workload management tips … …and much more
A companion Website includes full text, an image bank; and drug-related NCLEX-style questions, FDA updates, and new clinical studies.
This book has helped me so much in nursing school. I have used it for case studies so far. I would highly recommend it for nurse students, and new nurses. Very happy with this book.
This book is my primary resource for anything related to nursing. I used the 9th edition extensively when I was in school, and there was rarely a time when it wasn’t useful.
I’ve only skimmed through the 10th edition, and from what I can tell, the material meets my expectations. I am, however, very disappointed in the quality of the images in the eBook. If I could go back in time, I would have just bought the print edition. Some images have text that is very difficult to read. Even when zooming in, the text is blurry.
I took up a refresher course with the help of this book. A rich resource of information, and a must need for every nurse, whether you are practicing, a student, or planning to go back to the work force.
The book also includes websites that will lead as great references, and small boxes with Nursing Alert identifiers to remember. I am glad I have this big and heavy book with its 1,912 pages. I bought this from The Wisdom Shop here in Amazon.
Product Details :
- Series: Lippincott Manual of Nursing Practice
- Hardcover: 1880 pages
- Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; Tenth, North American Edition edition (May 29, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1451173547
- ISBN-13: 978-1451173543
- Product Dimensions: 10.1 x 8.3 x 2.5 inches