The fifth edition of Bojar’s Manual of Perioperative Care in Adult Cardiac Surgery remains the gold standard for management of adult patients undergoing cardiac surgery.
The easily referenced outline format allows health practitioners of all levels to understand and apply basic concepts to patient care–perfect for cardiothoracic and general surgery residents, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, cardiologists, medical students, and critical care nurses involved in the care of both routine and complex cardiac surgery patients.
This comprehensive guide features:
- Detailed presentation addressing all aspects of perioperative care for adult cardiac surgery patients
- Outline format allowing quick access to information
- Chronological approach to patient care starting with diagnostic tests then covering preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative care issues
- Additional chapters discuss bleeding, the respiratory, cardiac, and renal subsystems as well as aspects of care specific to recovery on the postoperative floor
- Updated references, information on new drug indications and new evidence to support various treatment/management options.
Practical and accessible, this new edition of Manual of Perioperative Care in Adult Cardiac Surgery is the essential reference guide to cardiac surgical patient care.
“This edition, updated in light of recent technological advances, provides an up-to-date, easy-to-readreview, and contains sufficient detail to make it suitable as a single volume manual for cardiac surgical trainees or nurses.” (Cardiology News, 2012)
“Surgeons are frequently asked to recommend a text that can be used to guide the care of their patients. This comprehensive text is the standard by which any other text should be judged. Every intensive care unit that treats adult open heart surgery patients should have several copies readily available at all times.” (Critical Care Medicine, 1 October 2011)”This fifth edition of a popular manual has been extensively revised. It is densely packed with information in its 820 ages. . . Young trainees in cardiac surgery, anaesthesia and intensive care, will find this an invaluable resource.” (British Journal of Cardiology, 1 August 2011)
“This edition has been updated to incorporate current approaches to patient care.” (Booknews, 1 April 2011)
From the Back Cover
The fifth edition of this global bestseller is the most comprehensive and easy-to-use reference available on the perioperative care of the adult cardiac surgery patient.
Completely rewritten to incorporate all the latest concepts in care and updated to reflect current practice and guidelines, this classic text retains the pragmatic features that have made it the “gold standard” reference that clinicians have relied upon for over 20 years.
- Full coverage of cardiac surgical diseases, including pathophysiology and indications for surgery, illustrations of the most common operative procedures, and figures demonstrating the diagnostic techniques used in the evaluation of cardiac disease
- Easy access to information using an outline format with markers on the free edges to identify chapters, synopsis pages at the beginning of each chapter, and a comprehensive index to locate a discussion of virtually any topic
- Emphasis on use of evidence-based medicine and common sense in patient management, providing the principles behind the recommendations for care, drawing upon the author’s vast experience in cardiac surgical management working with cardiothoracic surgical residents and physician assistants
- Updated references for all topics from the vast surgical literature
- 18 appendices, providing rapid access to order sheets, protocols, commonly used drug doses and other key information
Written for Cardiothoracic surgeons and residents, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and critical care nurses, the fifth edition of Manual of Perioperative Care in Adult Cardiac Surgery is a must-have resource for those involved in managing both routine and complex cardiac surgery patients.
Praise for previous editions
‘It remains a classic… should be available in your intensive care unit.”
From a review of the 4th edition in Annals of Thoracic Surgery
“A complete manual for students and practitioners involved in the care of cardiac surgery patients…a complete presentation of cardiac surgery….caregivers at all levels are likely to benefit by keeping this manual readily available.”
From a review of the 3rd edition in The Journal of the American College of Surgeons
“ A God-send for nurses, physician assistants, and cardiac surgeons on the firing line.”
From a review of the 2nd edition in Critical Care Medicine
Product Details :
- Paperback: 832 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 5 edition (January 18, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1444331434
- ISBN-13: 978-1444331431
- Product Dimensions: 1.4 x 5.2 x 8.5 inches