Now in its 4th edition, Mastery of Your Anxiety and Panic, Therapist Guide updates, extends, and improves upon the most effective, evidence-based treatment program available for Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia.
– Program is now organized by skill, instead of by session so treatment can be tailored to the individual
– Presents breathing and thinking skills as methods for facing, rather than reducing fear and anxiety
– Focuses on learning how to face agoraphobic situations and the scary physical symptoms of panic from an entirely new perspective
– Includes a completely new chapter for adapting the treatment for effective delivery in 6 sessions within primary care settings
– Provides up-to-date information on pharmacology
Written and revised by the developers of the program, this book provides therapists will all the tools necessary to deliver effective treatment for Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia. It provides step-by-step instructions for teaching clients the skills to overcome their fear of panic and panic attacks, as well as case vignettes and techniques for addressing atypical and problematic responses.
This therapist guide is a one-of-a-kind resource that has been recommended for use by public health services around the world.
About the Author
Michelle Craske is a Professor of Clinical Psychology and Director of the Anxiety Disorders Behavioral Research Program, U.C.L.A. . David H. Barlow is a Professor of Psychology and Director of the Center for Anxiety Disorders, Boston University.
This book was recommended to me as part of my treatment for panic disorder. I wouldn’t have guessed that it was possible to completely cure panic disorder, but between this workbook and my therapist, it’s been over a year since my last panic attack. I’m sure that it is a good idea to use this workbook under the guidance of a good therapist, but it gave me my life back. There aren’t enough stars for that.
This is a therapy with good, solid science behind it. It doesn’t ask you to ever do anything outrageous or dangerous. It is simple and reasonable, and worth every penny.
Product Details :
- Series: Treatments That Work
- Paperback: 209 pages
- Publisher: Oxford University Press, USA; 4 edition (December 14, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 019531140X
- ISBN-13: 978-0195311402
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 7 x 0.6 inches