A fundamental text in the field of veterinary technology, McCurnin’s Clinical Textbook for Veterinary Technicians, 8th Edition has the trusted content, simplified layout, and novel study tools every Vet Tech needs. Sections on small and large animals, birds, reptiles, and small mammals embrace every aspect of the veterinary field, while case presentations of actual patient situations link information to relevant, real-life scenarios. This color-coded, fully illustrated guide will give you a leg up in the constantly evolving Vet Tech field.
- Full color photos bring concepts to life and emphasize the role of the vet tech.
- Vet Tech Threads offer helpful pedagogical aids such as introductions, suggested readings, boxed Technician Notes, learning objectives, chapter outlines and key terms.
- Large animal care integrated throughout the book with medical records, dentistry, physical examination, surgical instrumentation, and more.
- Step-by-step instructions and photographs makes information readily accessible in emergency and clinical situations.
- Companion workbook helps you master and apply key concepts and procedures with multiple choice questions, matching exercises, photo quizzes, labeling exercises, crossword puzzles, and more.
- Birds, reptiles, and small mammals chapter keeps you up-to-date with care and treatment for these increasingly popular pets.
- Chapters on pharmacology, pain management, restraint, and veterinary oncology offer a broader understanding of the responsibilities of a technician.
- NEW! Chapter on fluid therapy and transfusion medicine, a critical aspect of veterinary technology.
- NEW! Introduction to the concept of the Technician Practice Model ensures that excellent nursing care is provided to each and every patient.
- NEW! Added content on electrocardiography included in the Emergency Nursing chapter.
Great Book, Great Information, Great Price, Shipped Fast! We bought this book for vet assistants training on the job, so they could get more in depth description of procedures they are being trained on.
This book has tons of great information and graphs and covers just about anything you can think of in the vet tech field, the only down side is that its huge/heavy. Its terrible to have to bring to class. It would be handy if it came with a digital copy you could pop that on your computer/ipad and take that to class. But other than that, its awesome!
I am more than pleased with this eighth edition. It is better organized and has a better flow. I did not need to buy this one. I will be graduating in just a few months but once I have a book of this caliber I like to keep current. I would recommend this new version to any vet tech in training, or to anyone already working in the field.
Product Details :
- Hardcover: 1496 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 8 edition (April 19, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1437726801
- ISBN-13: 978-1437726800
- Product Dimensions: 2.5 x 8.7 x 11.1 inches