The leading resource for collaborative critical care for newborns, Merenstein & Gardner’s Handbook of Neonatal Intensive Care, 7th Edition provides a multidisciplinary approach and a real-world perspective. It focuses on evidenced-based practice, with clinical directions in color for easy retrieval and review. Special features help you prioritize the steps in initial care, and provide a guide to sharing information with parents. With each chapter written jointly by both physicians and nurses, this book is comprehensive enough to suit the needs of the entire team in your neonatal intensive care unit.
- Unique! A multidisciplinary perspective is provided by an editorial team of two physicians and two nurses, and each chapter is written and reviewed by a physician and nurse team, so information mirrors the real-world experience in a neonatal intensive care unit.
- Unique! Clinical content is in color, so you can quickly scan through chapters for information that directly affects patient care.
- Unique! Parent Teaching boxes highlight the relevant information to be shared with a patient’s caregivers.
- Critical Findings boxes outline symptoms and diagnostic findings that require immediate attention, helping you prioritize assessment data and steps in initial care.
- Coverage in clinical chapters includes pathophysiology and etiology, prevention, data collection, treatment, complications, outcomes, prognosis, and parent education.
- Expanded Neonatal Surgery chapter covers all of the most common procedures in neonatal surgery.
- Follow-up of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Infant chapter is expanded to include coverage of outcomes management and discharge planning.
- Streamlined references are updated to include only the most current or classic sources.
I started in a Level 3 NICU as a new graduate RN, so I bought this book to help me learn more about neonatal care. It has been a wonderful reference and learning tool. It’s very easy to read and understand and is very thorough in the information it covers. I would recommend this to any NICU nurse, regardless of the years of experience he/she has… I promise you’ll learn something new!
This is an excellent reference for the NICU nurse. Easy to understand and the latest evidence-based info. Very helpful when studying for nursing continuing education and certification.
This book is always on our shelf in the NICU that I work at. It gives a lot of important content for the new and the seasoned NICU nurse. I had an older edition and wanted a newer version. Things change so quickly in the field I felt a newer version would be helpful. It is filled with new information and will give me many hours of valuable reading.
This book is just what I needed to prepare for the RNC. The only downside is that there is no complementary question and answer guide. However, the book is quite easy to read.
Product Details :
- Series: Handbook of Neonatal Intensive Care
- Paperback: 1040 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 7 edition (April 15, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323067158
- ISBN-13: 978-0323067157
- Product Dimensions: 1.5 x 7.3 x 9 inches