From fundamental principles to advanced subspecialty procedures, Miller’s Anesthesia covers the full scope of contemporary anesthesia practice. It is the go-to reference for masterful guidance on the technical, scientific, and clinical challenges you face. Now, new chapters, new authors, meticulous updates, an increased international presence, and a new full-color design ensure that the 7th edition continues the tradition of excellence that you depend on. And, as an Expert Consult title with enhanced online features, this meticulously updated 7th edition comes with easy access to the full text online, regular updates, video demonstrations, and more.
- Covers the full scope of contemporary anesthesia practice in just two volumes.
- Offers step-by-step instructions for patient management and an in-depth analysis of ancillary responsibilities and problems.
- Incorporates ‘Key Points’ boxes in every chapter that highlight important concepts.
- Extends the breadth of international coverage with contributions from prominent anesthesiologists from all over the world, including China, India, and Sweden.
- Features 30 new authors and 13 new chapters such as Sleep, Memory and Consciousness; Perioperative Cognitive Dysfunction; Ultrasound Guidance for Regional Anesthesia; Anesthesia for Correction of Cardiac Arrhythmias; Anesthesia for Bariatric Surgery; Prehospital Emergency and Trauma Care; Critical Care Protocols; Neurocritical Care; and Renal Replacement Therapy.
- Dedicates an entire section to pediatric anesthesia, to help you address the unique needs of pediatric patients.
- Presents a new full-color design-complete with more than 1,500 full-color illustrations-for enhanced visual guidance.
- Includes access to the full-text online, as well as regular content updates, a downloadable image library, videos demonstrating techniques including thoracic epidural placement, ultrasound-guided femoral nerve catheter placement, ultrasound-guided peripheral venous access, pulmonary catheter and transesophageal echocardiography, double-lumen endobronchial tubes and bronchial blockers for lung separation, and more.
- Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the web site be discontinued.
“Miller’s Anesthesia will enjoy a preeminent place on the bookshelves of anesthesiologists for the foreseeable future.”-Anesthesiology, review of the last edition.
“A ‘must’ for anyone engaged in the clinical practice of anesthesia.”-Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, review of the last edition.
“Miller’s Anesthesia offers a good solution to aging information, a companion web site that is routinely updated.”-Anesthesia Analgesia, review of the last edition.
This is an excellent book for all who work in anesthesiology. It might be expensive for a new student, but no library is complete without Miller!
great textbook! I love it. it can get a bit hard to read from time to time, a little dense of you will, and, sometimes, it leaves out stuff that’a kinda important, but, in my opinion, the best anesthesiology textbook available today. and it arrived perfectly protected, in perfect conditions. 100% recommended.
I bought this reference book and I love how it is written and is a very good reference book in case I need to look up almost anything.
Product Details :
- Hardcover: 3312 pages
- Publisher: Churchill Livingstone; 7 edition (June 5, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1416066241
- ISBN-13: 978-1416066248
- Product Dimensions: 4.8 x 9.2 x 11.4 inches