Covering everything you need to study for and pass the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) and ExCPT exams, Mosby’s Review for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination, 3rd Edition makes exam preparation easy. Review the content you’ll see on the exam with handy outlines, test-taking tips and strategies, and electronic flash cards. Written by noted pharmacy technician educator James J. Mizner, this complete review tests your knowledge and simulates the actual PTCB exam with 17 different, 100-question practice exams in the book and online. This edition is modeled after the updated Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam Blueprint.
- A total of 1,700 review questions are included in 17 practice exams in the book and online.
- 100-question format of each practice exam simulates the PTCB and ExCPT exams, with multiple-choice questions and the same balance of content, for a realistic test taking experience.
- 700 electronic flash cards help you learn and remember facts by covering the top 200 most prescribed pharmaceuticals, top 50 herbals, abbreviations, and sound-alike drugs.
- Review content reflects the new percentages covered on the PTCB exam.
- A convenient outline format helps you to quickly review important information you’ll see on the exam.
- Tips and suggestions prepare you for test-taking success by providing an insider’s perspective on what to expect and how to prepare for your exam when you have limited time.
- Seven practice exams in the book feature the same format and content emphasis as the national exam.
- Ten practice exams on the Evolve companion website in both timed and untimed modes help you identify any areas of weakness, and include instant feedback and remediation.
- UPDATED content includes current drug information and pharmacy practice procedures based on the new Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam Blueprint.
- NEW! Chapter objectives provide a clear breakdown of content and goals for review.
I have been patiently waiting for this latest edition, in part because of being up-to-date, but also to give the author time to correct mistakes as noted in earlier editions. Well, the material is clearly up-to-date, but sadly I feel this edition was rushed to print ahead of a thorough proof-read. Errors again are present, with many of them being simple typos (e.g wrong answer letter) in the answer keys. The majority of the actual content is quite correct, but there are some mistakes (e.g. on a test answer explanation: “…hypotonic solution will cause the cells to collapse, a hypertonic solution will cause the cells to expand.”; it is obviously the opposite). Also, as stated by another reviewer, the density and layout of the book does create difficulty in following.
Despite these criticisms, this edition is still worth the purchase as both the book and computer link provide the reader with an abundance of simulated test questions with the majority being accurate. This should probably not be the only book you use for the certification exam, but I still recommend it.
Real great learning book for the latest test for certification. Very detail oriented book with an on line component. a real detail oriented book to help pass certification.
Was very helpful help me memorize everything I would recommend this to anyone taking the updated exam, it has everything in it that you really need for the exam.
The book is very dense with information. Sometimes this can make it difficult to digest. The flashcards on the website (code provided within) are extremely useful. The format of said website isn’t exactly intuitive, but the resources are there. With the recent change in the PTCE exam, I can see this book as being very useful.
The author James Mizner has done an excellent job of aligning the content of this book with the new PTCE blueprint that went into effect on November 1, 2013. Each chapter corresponds to a knowledge domain for PTCB certification. There are seven one hundred question practice exams with the answers explained and numerically referenced to the PTCB domain it applies to. The seven appendixes of additional information and Internet access to more study resources make this review book a valuable tool for those who are preparing for the new national pharmacy technician certification examination. I recommend this book highly.
Product Details :
- Series: Mosbys Review for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination
- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 3 edition (October 7, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323113370
- ISBN-13: 978-0323113373
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 10.9 inches