Netter’s Anatomy Flash Cards are the most convenient and portable way to review anatomy on the fly. This 3rd Edition contains full-color illustrations from Netter’s Atlas of Human Anatomy, 5th Edition paired with concise text identifying those structures and reviewing relevant anatomical information and clinical correlations. Online access at studentconsult.com lets you review anatomy from any computer, plus additional “bonus” cards and over 300 multiple-choice questions. Netter. It’s how you know.
- The front of each flashcard features a full-color illustration from Netter’s Atlas of Human Anatomy, 5th Edition, with numbered lines pointing to key structures. On the back, concise text identifies those structures and reviews relevant anatomical information and clinical correlations.
- Pre-punched holes and a convenient binding ring make it easy to carry selected groups of flashcards with you.
- Online access at studentconsult.com lets you review the flashcards from any computer, and further test your knowledge with additional “bonus” cards and over 300 multiple-choice questions.
- New Clinical Notes help you focus on the most relevant clinical implications of anatomical concepts, helpful in preparing for the USMLE Step 1 exam.Medical education is all about being efficient (as well as repetition), so these flash cards are a great place to start when you’re an MS-1 studying the musculoskeletal system. I’m currently an MS-1, and found the following about Netter’s:
-Quickly learn all the innervations, origins, and attachments for muscles, as well as what passes through each of the foramina of the skull.
-The organization is great, the cards are compact, and you don’t really need to carry around two huge books with you everyday. Great for the frantic reviewing we always do, too!
-I’d purchase these cards over the Thieme Atlas of Anatomy I used probably 2-3 times for about 0 seconds each time.
While Dr. Netter has artistic talent, supplement your ability to locate anatomical structures by anatomy lab time, and Rohen’s Colour Atlas of Anatomy. His paintings don’t give you the proper depth, lighting, and spatial relationships that looking at real donor bodies does, and Netter usually presents just one to a few muscles on the entire arm, for example, instead of all the other muscles, tendons, vasculature, and nerves that are running about there as well.
Netter’s got me through the musculoskeletal system and head and neck, but I used just Rohen’s and my class lectures for GI and pelvis/reproductive. Combine Rohen’s with Netter’s flashcards for a really solid learning experience in medical school.
I had the Kaplan flash cards and found some errors. Some of the cards are mis-labled. When you’re in a Doctoral program, you expect to have your study material free from errors. I then bought the Netter flash cards b/c I was just fed up with the Kaplan ones. The Netter cards are arranged by region, just like my school. If your school breaks Anatomy by systems, these are probably not for you. But great cards. They have most muscles with origins, insertions, innervations, actions, and clinical facts. Great Cards!!!
While the cards don’t have all the plates from Netter’s Atlas, it has the main images that you’ll need to do well in anatomy. I loved the ring provided so I could easily study from the flashcards while anywhere. Very happy with this purchase!
I always look at these flash cards when riding public transit to/from school when I don’t feel like doing any other anatomy studying.
If you are in med school, or some other professional health school that dissects cadavers, BUY THESE CARDS!
They have everything you need to know for the lab component: clinical scenarios, insertions, origins, and innervations.
The newest version of these flash cards has the top corner hole punched on all of the them, and comes with a giant ring. This way, you can pick and choose which cards you want to take with you.
Product Details :
- Series: Netter Basic Science
- Cards: 676 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 3 edition (May 26, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 143771675X
- ISBN-13: 978-1437716757
- Product Dimensions: 3.8 x 4.6 x 6.9 inches