The sixth edition of Nursing Home Administration contains essential information to prepare an individual for licensure and employment as a nursing home administrator. This book addresses all regulatory pieces of information to provide readers with an overview of the entire process of managing a nursing facility. This edition has been updated to reflect the most accurate and up-to-date information to reflect new legislation and regulations passed since previous edition in 2008.
This textbook serves as a roadmap for studying and understanding all the various requirements-management, human resources, finance and business, industry laws and regulations, and patient care. It demonstrates how all components fit together to form the coordinated activity set required of a successful nursing home administrator.
- Formatted according to licensing examination and guidelines of the National Association of Boards of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators
- New federal guidelines to surveyors
- New resident assessment instrument
- Updated figures and tables
- New life safety code inspection processes
- New ICDM-10 (International Classification of Diseases-Modified)
- Sub-set of federal forms included in appendices
- Web references to enable the reader to successfully navigate the nursing home administration field
About the Author
James E. Allen, MSPH, PhD, CNHA, is President of Long Term Care Education.com, a national resource website for information on the long-term care field. He was Associate Professor of Health Policy and Administration Emeritus at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill until 2006. Dr. Allen has 30+ years experience teaching and conducting research in the field of health care administration. He taught courses at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in long-term care administration, medical ethics, and the organization and financing of health care delivery in the U.S.
Product Details :
- Paperback: 624 pages
- Publisher: Springer Publishing Company; 6 edition (February 25, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0826107044
- ISBN-13: 978-0826107046
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 7.2 x 1.3 inches