Tthe 9th edition has been completed updated. The authors continue to maintain up-to-date content and present state-of-the-art methods for conducting high-quality studies.
- Each chapter has a plethora of important tools for students
- Careful reading and critique of actual case studies
- Template documents that gives students a starting point to adapt – giving students a head start!
- Examples of NINR Grant application documents
- Crosswords, Study Questions, Applications, and associated tools
Bought this text as optional, additional reference to use in studying for my doctoral comps exam and found it to be the absolutely most useful text of all of my books, including those required in several of my classes! It is comprehensive, well-designed, and avoids frivolous detail. I would recommend it to all graduate nursing students without reservation.
Page numbers don’t coincide with the regular book but it great having it uploaded on computer better then carrying heavy book.
Another book I bought and wished I had rented. Not reader friendly. Doesn’t explain concepts, terms well. Have another nursing research book from 2002, which is a lot better!
Chapter 7, the ethics chapter is good. I’ve used it to write several papers, not just in research class.
I feel that the layout of this book could be better and at times the concepts are hard to understand.
This textbook claims to be written for the novice, but I still have no idea what I am learning. I have to reference this book often in my graduate nursing class and the kindle version is not the best version to get since there are no page numbers. I would just suck it up and buy the hardback to avoid this problem.
This book is easy to read and flows nicely when I used it for class. The readings are clear and precise. I recommend this book.
Although understanding statistics may be difficult for some, the authors provided examples as to the varying concepts throughout the book.
Product Details :
- Hardcover: 768 pages
- Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 9th edition (August 16, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1605477087
- ISBN-13: 978-1605477084
- Product Dimensions: 1.3 x 7.1 x 9 inches