Newly updated, this full-color resource offers a systematic approach to performing a neuromusculoskeletal assessment with rationales for various aspects of the assessment. This comprehensive text covers every joint of the body, head and face, gait, posture, emergency care, the principles of assessment, and preparticipation evaluation. The latest edition of this core text is the essential cornerstone in the new four-volume musculoskeletal rehabilitation series.
- Thorough, evidence-based content provides the information and detail you need to select the best diagnostic tests.
- Extensively updated information incorporates the latest research and most current practices.
- Case Studies help you apply what you learn from the book to real life situations.
- Tables and boxes throughout the text organize and summarize important information and highlight key points.
- Chapter Summaries review the assessment procedures for each chapter to help you find important information quickly.
- Case Histories in each chapter demonstrate assessment skills to help you apply them in practice.
- Reliability and validity of tests and techniques included throughout help you choose assessment methods supported by current evidence.
- A new full-color design clearly demonstrates assessment methods, a variety of tests, and causes of pathology.
- A Companion CD-ROM with all of the references from the text linked to MedLine abstracts reinforces concepts from the book.
- Primary Care Assessment chapter includes the latest information on the constantly evolving state of physical therapy practice.
- Includes the most current information on the assessment of the cervical spine, hip, posture, and foot and ankle to keep you up to date on current methods of practice.
The Fifth Edition of Orthopedic Physical Assessment is an outstanding reference for orthopedic physical therapists. The additional color pictures, illustrates, and upgraded tables within the chapter topics provides the reader a overview of a wealth of information. The regional and diagnose specific functional measurement/assessment tests are helpful for clinical outcome measurement data. Chapter four presents an outstanding overview of TMJ examination for an example. The chapter Appendixes with the reliability, validity, specificity, and sensitivity of special/diagnostic tests are helpful.
I looked forward to seeing the 5th edition and have not been disappointed!
The first time I saw this book in the hands of an US exchange student, I became jealous. Everything I had learned as a fourth year pt student on diagnostic assessment was in there and more. I just had to have it. From details of observation to validity of test procedures, it is all there, even the more obscure and rarely used tests. In combination with lots of drawings (albeit not very detailed), x-rays, and pictures, everything you ever could want to know is available. And it is well written, compact but clear. It is THE book on the subject.
This book is very good for the physical therapist or orthopedist. Full of good references and great overview of many special tests.
This is a textbook, which I preferred. This book provides complete descriptions of the human body, how a good physician, nurse or other licensed health care provider assesses one’s health or one’s illness. The graphic images are excellent, in sufficient detail that a layperson can understand them. The information in this book allows a non-medical person to better understand illness and trauma symptoms so that one can ask better questions about care, treatment and rehabilitation programs. There are other references on the market that will suffice for general information, but this textbook provides much more details. Being a textbook, even the Kindle price is very high. For me, it has been worth the price. The reviews on Amazon were very helpful to me for deciding which book to purchase.
Product Details :
- Series: Orthopedic Physical Assessment (Magee)
- Hardcover: 1152 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 5 edition (December 24, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0721605710
- ISBN-13: 978-0721605715
- Product Dimensions: 1.8 x 8.7 x 10.9 inches