A clear, comprehensive introduction to disease, Pathophysiology, 5th Edition explores the etiology, pathogenesis, clinical manifestations, and treatment of disorders. Units are organized by body system, and each begins with an illustrated review of anatomy and normal physiology. A discussion then follows on the disease processes and abnormalities that may occur, with a focus on the pathophysiologic concepts involved. Written by leading educators Lee-Ellen Copstead and Jacquelyn Banasik, Pathophysiology simplifies a rigorous subject with practical learning resources and includes coverage of the latest scientific findings and relevant research
- 900 full-color illustrations clarify complex pathophysiological concepts.
- Easy-to-read style includesmany tables, boxes, and figures to highlight and simplify content.
- Key Questions at the beginning of each chapter highlight key objectives and help you develop and use critical thinking skills.
- Key Points boxes focus on the most important information.
- Geriatric Considerations boxes analyze the age-related changes associated with a specific body system.
- A chapter summary gives you a quick wrap-up of the key content in each chapter.
- NEW! Pediatric Considerations boxes with accompanying flow charts describe conditions and changes specific to young children.
- NEW! Updated content includes the latest information on new treatment advances, the relationship between stress and inflammation to cardiovascular disease, and much more throughout the text.
- NEW! Global Health Considerations tables include information on HIV/AIDS and depression/anxiety in women.
The paper quality of this book is poor. It will rip easily while turning pages. Font was killing my vision. It was hard to see because it was so small. By the time I’m done with this book, I will have eye problems. Contents are good and great reference for case studies.
Tons of great content with no execution. Read and fall asleep, repeat. Incredibly boring. Zero retention. Only give it two stars because it has so much darn info in it. Stuff you would really never need to know dotted all over the place.
The package arrived on time and was in wonderful condition. The book was aslo great through out the semester. I really liked the case studies.
Product Details :
- Paperback: 1216 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 5 edition (December 26, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1455726508
- ISBN-13: 978-1455726509
- Product Dimensions: 8.3 x 10.5 inches