Well-known for its authoritative and comprehensive coverage, complete treatment of pediatric pathophysiology, and the most extensive illustration program in its field, this textbook features expert content on everything from the general principles of pathophysiology to detailed discussions of genetics and specific diseases. Chapters on alteration present the pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and evaluation and treatment of each disease to help you learn to identify normal anatomy and physiology, as well as alterations of function in adults and in children.
- Unparalleled coverage of disease processes makes this text the most comprehensive pathophysiology text available.
- The largest full-color art program in the field illustrates the clinical manifestations of diseases and disease processes
- Consistent presentations of each disease with pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and evaluation and treatment help you find the information you need quickly and easily.
- Ten separate pediatric chapters cover the pathophysiologic effects on children.
- Aging content is highlighted throughout the text.
- An Introduction to Pathophysiology section at the beginning of the text provides a solid start to the basics of the study of disease.
- Algorithms and flowcharts of diseases and disorders illustrate the disease process in an easy-to-understand format.
- Nutrition and Disease boxes present evidence-based information on the relationship between health promotion through diet and disease.
- Updated content on leukocytes in pain modulation, seizure disorders, brain injuries and disorders, acute encephalopathies, reproductive disorders, and much more keep you at the cutting edge of this constantly changing field.
- What’s New? boxes highlight the most current research and findings to ensure you have the most up-to-date information.
- New animations, review questions, Key Points, and an audio glossary have been added to the Evolve companion website to strengthen your understanding of key concepts.
- Media Resources Lists encourage you to develop a study plan to master the important content in each chapter.
Great informational book regarding pathophysiology. I bought it for a college course and have done well learning from the book even though I can only take so much information in one sitting. The writing is at a professional level and to the point. Good illustrations assist understanding of material.
Book is just too dense. it’s informative but you have to constantly search for what you need. the set up is not very conducive to learning either… for example, when it talks about electrolyte imbalances, they tell you about hyperkalemia, hypercalcemia, hypernatremia, THEN go on to explain hypokalemia, etc. i think it’s confusing to read it that way and would be easier if they talk about they hyper and hypo states of the electrolytes individually instead of bouncing back and forth between them. additionally, the author just goes off on tangents and there is a lot of filler/nonsense talking.
basically, you can find the information you need but it’s not the most well written or organized book.
The information provided in this pathophysiology text is of the level required for tertiay studies.Numerous pictures and tables are provided to assist in comprehension of topic. The font and font size were well chosen and the non glossy paper makes it easy on the eye when reading at night. The size of the book however, makes it difficult to carry around.
Text is great on some topics but was not as detailed in others. This makes for a great reference book (better than other texts available). I still think a better version of pathophysiology is needed.
Needed this text for a graduate level nursing class, and made the decision to buy it new rather than rent. I figure it will prove a useful reference when it’s time to enter the clinical phase of school…
When I opened the Amazon box, I was astounded to see how large this book is (and it is decidedly NOT large print)! After flipping through it, I understood why it was such a behemoth. The author covers the entire human body and pretty much all that can go wrong with it, and manages to include a lot of very useful graphs, charts, and images.
Very pleased with the text, and happy to find it for such a deal on Amazon.
This is a good book, and somewhat easy to read. I had to go online to YouTube for better understanding of some of the material I was required to read.
Product Details :
- Series: Pathophysiology the Biologic Basis
- Hardcover: 1864 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 6th edition (December 3, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323065848
- ISBN-13: 978-0323065849
- Product Dimensions: 2.4 x 8.3 x 10.8 inches