Here’s the help triagers need to handle calls with complete confidence.
- Highlighted triage assessment questions—step-by-step checklists to help gauge the urgency of patient problems and select the appropriate disposition
- Parent-reassuring home care instructions
- Prescription and nonprescription medication questions, dosages, and recommendations
- Detailed User’s Guide—a valuable training tool for triage and advice personnel
- Reproducible telephone log sheets—standardize call documentation and save charting time
- Quality assurance checklist—for staff training and evaluation, enhanced caller satisfaction
- Urgent updates—immediate Web access to protocol changes
- Spiral-bound format—lies flat for convenient use
NEW look and feel for streamlined triage—eye-appealing double-column format helps triagers scan relevant
protocols more easily, zero in on callers’ specific concernsmore rapidly.
Content updates—more than 90% of all protocols revised, many extensively.
New protocols include
Rash, Amoxicillin or Augmentin
Vomiting With Diarrhea
Robust Index—for faster, easier searching by page number.
Sharpened symptom definitions—speed problem identification.
“This book has been used by countless nurses and has provided advice for thousands of parents about their children’s health conditions, particularly when pediatric offices are closed. To my knowledge, it is a one-of-a-kind book. This update is absolutely needed as evidence regarding healthcare of children is constantly improving and changing.
Judy A. Liesveld, PhD, CPNP
University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center
Diane Butler, MD
Parma Pediatrics, Inc.
Debbie Meissner, BSN, RN
Partners in Pediatrics, Ltd.
About the Author
Barton D. Schmitt, MD, FAAP, is a professor of pediatrics at the University of Colorado School of Medicine and medical director of the After-Hours Call Center at Children’s Hospital Colorado in Aurora, CO. Dr Schmitt is also the author of My Child Is Sick!, published by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). Dr Schmitt has received several awards, including the C. Anderson Aldrich Award for contributions in child development and the Education Award for contributions in pediatric education, both from the AAP.
Product Details :
- Spiral-bound: 421 pages
- Publisher: American Academy of Pediatrics; Fourteenth Edition, New Edition edition (October 10, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1581107420
- ISBN-13: 978-1581107425
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 9.3 x 1.2 inches