Using a comprehensive, case-based learning approach, Pedretti’s Occupational Therapy: Practice Skills for Physical Dysfunction, 7th Edition provides a thorough introduction to occupational therapy practice and prepares you to work with adults who have physical disabilities. 48 chapters cover everything from OT history, theory, process, and practice to evaluation, intervention, performance skills, and client factors. Significant updates have been made to this edition, including a new full-color design and new content on polytrauma and advances in prosthetics and assistive technologies. This leading text also offers a wide range of helpful features, such as threaded case studies, OT practice notes, and ethical considerations that help you apply content to a clinical setting.
- UNIQUE! Threaded case studies help you apply key concepts to real-life situations.
- UNIQUE! OT Practice Notes convey important considerations for professional practice.
- UNIQUE! Ethical Considerations highlight information you need to know to practice ethically.
- Client-centered perspective uses the terminology set forth by the updated 2008 OT Practice Framework to help you include the client when making treatment decisions.
- Evidence-based content includes clinical trials and outcome studies where appropriate.
- Cultural diversity/sensitivity familiarizes you with diverse client populations and situations you may encounter in professional practice.
- UNIQUE! Information on prevention moves your OT comprehension beyond just intervention and treatment.
- Student Resources on Evolve feature video clips, review questions, crossword puzzles, learning activities, forms for practice, and more to aid your understanding of key concepts.
- Key terms, chapter outlines, and chapter objectives lay out the information you can expect to learn from a chapter.
- Chapter on polytrauma, post-traumatic stress disorder, and injuries related to the War on Terror teaches you how to provide OT services to this unique population.
- Content covers new advances in prosthetics and assistive technologies, and provides more up-to-date assessment and interventions for TBI problems related to cognitive and visual perception.
- Full-color design visually clarifies important concepts.
- Video clips on the companion Evolve website vividly demonstrate a variety of OT interventions.
This is actually a really good textbook. We use many books in our program that are really dry and do not provide case study examples. This text makes it easier to understand the topics because of the “extra” information throughout the chapters: references, case studies, etc.
I love the threaded case studies that really help to demonstrate the concept being taught. Being a textbook, it’s not an *easy* read but it’s accessible and useful.
Use this for my occupational therapy classes, and there is a great deal of useful information throughout. Would highly recommend this book, although it is quite heavy!
Product Details :
- Series: Occupational Therapy Skills for Physical Dysfunction (Pedretti)
- Hardcover: 1328 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 7 edition (January 3, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323059120
- ISBN-13: 978-0323059121
- Product Dimensions: 2.2 x 8.5 x 10.8 inches