Build your physical and occupational therapy patient care skills on a foundation of the proven practices found in this must-read text. In addition to clear “how-to” information on everything from positioning and draping, to patient transfer and ambulation activities, the book’s easy-to-understand rationales will give you the “why” behind these proven techniques. This fifth edition also comes with new student resources on the companion Evolve site complete with videos, case studies, skills checklists, and more.
- Clearly written instructions and full-color illustrations on patient care techniques and procedures cover topics such as proper lifting, patient transfers, basic wound care, and assessment of vital signs.
- Insight into rationales and physiological principles explain why specific techniques and procedures are used.
- More than 700 full-color photographs vividly demonstrate proper performance of techniques and procedures used in the assessment and management of patients in the rehabilitation setting.
- Procedure boxes throughout the text offer additional tips for optimal assessment and management of patients in the rehabilitation setting.
- Self-study and problem solving activities promote decision-making and problem solving skills.
- NEW! Video clips and skills activities on companion Evolve site illustrate the techniques and procedures described in the text.
- NEW! Content based on the ICF model, the model currently endorsed by the APTA and AOTA, reflects the current theories and practice guidelines of physical and occupational therapy.
- NEW! Information on professionalism teaches about the guidelines that currently exist and how to apply those guidelines to patient interactions.
“The presentation of this brightly coloured spiral-bound paperback book is in its 4th edition. The text is useful as an introduction for beginning practitioners and those in associate grade posts. The text would be recommended as bibliographical reading for students with referral to more specialist texts in the areas indicated above.” Principles and Techniques of Patient Care March 2010
This is the book to have if you have any questions about patient care. It has everything from patient transfers to fitting a patient for a wheelchair. I know I will be referring to the book when I become a license PT.
Product Details :
- Series: Principles and Techniques of Patient Care
- Spiral-bound: 416 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 5 edition (May 9, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 145570704X
- ISBN-13: 978-1455707041
- Product Dimensions: 0.7 x 8.7 x 10.6 inches