The POCKET GUIDE TO APA STYLE, 4th Edition, is an essential tool for writing research papers across the disciplines! Concise and thorough, the POCKET GUIDE offers straightforward explanations, annotated examples, and margin notes designed to help the writer produce properly documented papers in the latest APA style. Not only less expensive and easier to use than the APA Manual, the POCKET GUIDE also includes extensive coverage of electronic sources, preparing writers to both evaluate and correctly use Internet references in their research.
- Easy access: Concise and straightforward, the Pocket Guide to APA Style covers topics in short chapters that keep all discussions of an issue within a single section, making it easy to look for and find information quickly when needed. Chapters are efficiently organized according to different kinds of sources–periodicals (Chapter 5), books and other separately published materials (Chapter 6), audiovisual materials (Chapter 7), and electronic sources (Chapter 8).
- Two sample APA-style papers–one argumentative and one experimental–are carefully annotated to give users extra support as they master the elements of manuscript preparation and documentation principles.
- A useful introductory chapter, “Writing Scholarly Papers,” reviews common procedures and practices of basic research methods, reminding users of what they already know before they begin assimilating new material.
- To help users avoid and understand plagiarism, the author includes examples of incorrect documentation, as well as corrections that illustrate the correct documentation of the source material.
- Visual aids, including tables and charts throughout, help users review chapter content.
About the Author
Robert Perrin (Ph.D., University of Illinois–Champaign/Urbana) is currently Chairperson of the Department of English at Indiana State University, after serving as Director of Writing Programs for seventeen years. He has won the University’s Caleb Mills Award for distinguished teaching and the Theodore Dreiser Award for distinguished research, as well as the College of Arts and Sciences’ Distinguished Professor award. He has published numerous articles on composition and teaching and has published seven textbooks and research guides, including The Beacon Handbook (six editions) and Handbook for College Research (three editions).
This spiral bound desk reference provides a quick look up when not sure of details related to APA format. The chapters are organized in a way to give the reader information from beginning the paper to APA manuscripts, including reference citations. While not meant to be all inclusive it is much handier than searching through the publication manual. Recommended for students who write papers on a routine basis and, from time to time, need to double check their papers.
Product Details :
- Spiral-bound: 176 pages
- Publisher: Cengage Learning; 4 edition (January 1, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0495912638
- ISBN-13: 978-0495912637
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 4.3 x 0.3 inches