Principles of Human Anatomy, a market-leading text through its many editions, successfully blends visual and textual elements to illuminate the complexities of human anatomy. The 12th edition raises the standard for excellence in this discipline with its enhanced illustration program, refined narrative, and the integrated design of dynamic resources like Real Anatomy into the curriculum. Applications representing a variety of clinical perspectives provide readers with both relevance and motivation, engaging students and providing insights into the vital contributions that anatomical knowledge brings to the understanding of functions, diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- An innovative art program of generously sized illustrations – each including a key concept statement and review question – provides a consistent learning environment enabling students to make the connection between text and visual elements.
- A concise narrative, praised by students for its straightforward and easily comprehensible writing style, emphasizes scientific content over extraneous detail.
- Exhibits – specially designed self-contained lessons – provide students with the extra help needed to learn the numerous structures that constitute certain body systems – most notably the skeleton and joints, skeletal muscles, articulations, blood vessels and nerves.
- Continued coverage of scientific research and breakthroughs in understanding the human body maintains the text’s reputation for being on the cutting edge.
New to This Edition
- Chapter Introductions have all been newly designed and written with stunning new imagery, engaging text, and new “I wonder” questions, all setting the stage for student understanding of the relevance of the chapter content to come.
- Extensive revisions to the illustrations program include new skeletal art, muscle art, blood vessel art, and numerous other figures in every chapter of the text.
- Most tissue photomicrographs have been replaced with exceptionally clear photomicrographs with high magnification blowouts.
- The use of cadaver photographs integrated with line drawings is increased with specifically dissected images created by co-author Mark Nielsen.
- Clinical Connections have been greatly expanded in every chapter to provide students with the most relevant applications of the content that they are studying.
This textbook is amazing. The information therein is well-written but also simple enough for a beginner in Human Anatomy to follow. The diagrams and drawings are very detailed and informative. I am very pleased to own this guide.
This is a textbook I am using for a college anatomy class. So far it is very useful as it includes easy to read an understand material with lots of real life dissections to lok at and diagrams to explain complicated topics.
The book has great illustrations and explanations. It was in perfect condition and was delivered promptly. I highly recommend this for any students taking anatomy.
Great textbook! Pictures are very clear and offers both illustrated and real pictures to offer two different perspectives. Offers good examples too!
Product Details :
- Hardcover: 1056 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 12 edition (December 7, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470567058
- ISBN-13: 978-0470567050
- Product Dimensions: 1.4 x 9.6 x 11.8 inches