Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment: Practice Exercises for the NCLEX® Examination is the only review book on the market with a focus on prioritization and management of care-just like the current NCLEX Examination itself! The workbook’s unique approach establishes your foundational knowledge and then provides exercises of increasing difficulty to help you build confidence in your prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment skills. It offers unique preparation for the NCLEX Examination and effectively equips you to practice in today’s fast-paced healthcare environment.
- The only workbook available that provides in-depth practice with prioritization, delegation, and assignment questions similar to those you’ll see on the NCLEX Examination, including questions in alternate item formats
- Unique three-part organization that (1) equips you with foundational skills to make sound decisions, then helps you apply those skills (2) in straightforward scenarios and (3) then in complex health scenarios
- In-depth Answer Key at the back of the book that provides not only the correct answer but also a detailed rationale and an indication of the focus of the question, whether prioritization, delegation, supervision, or patient assignment.
- Expanded content focus to include psychiatric/mental health, OB/maternity, and pediatrics along with med-surg areas
- New chapters on infection control and obstetrics and maternity
- Greater emphasis on questions involving core body systems and related health problems, such as diabetes and cancer, to best prepare you for the conditions you are most likely to encounter on the NCLEX Examination and in clinical practice
- Four new unfolding cases addressing long-term care, pediatrics, psychiatric/mental health nursing, and OB/maternity
- Additional emphasis on medication safety equips you to take appropriate actions to prevent or remediate medication errors
- Multiple-select questions revised to include at least 5 response choices each, keeping you up to date with the full range of NCLEX Examination item formats
If you don’t go through this book before taking the NCLEX, you are doing yourself a great disservice. I just took (and passed) the NCLEX, and there were many questions of the type in this book. I found the case study chapters to be a little less beneficial than the chapters in the front of the book, so if you are pressed for time, you can probably skip the case studies. And some of the questions in this book are harder than anything I saw on the NCLEX, but it is worth the mental pain to go through them. You will feel so much more comfortable when answering questions on the NCLEX that have to do with prioritizing which patient you assess first, which patient you should visit first, etc. Get this book. You will not regret it!
Someone who had taken and passed NCLEX the first time she took it highly recommended this book to me, and I am so glad she did. I too passed on my first try, and this book was a great study tool. Prioritizing patient care and delegating tasks to LPNs and CNAs were NCLEX questions that I was not very good at, so this book was very helpful. It’s all Q & A, and I felt like doing NCLEX questions was the best way to study for the test.
This book is a must for any nursing student. I have noticed some of my nursing exam questions have came straight from this book. I love that the questions are organized by content area. It has really helped me with delegation questions, and understanding the role of the LPN as well. It’s also nice because it’s small, if you don’t feel like lugging around a 10lb. review book.
OMG I took NCLEX-RN a few days ago and passed with 75 questions…I credit this book for most of my success on the exam. It is an absolute must. It has 18 chapters divided into content areas and as the title states deal specifically with prioritizing, delegating, and assigning. The rationales are great and really help you to understand why you chose to see Pt A instead of Pt B, C, or D. Excellent supplement to your NCLEX prep
Product Details :
- Series: Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment
- Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 2 edition (February 10, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323065708
- ISBN-13: 978-0323065702
- Product Dimensions: 0.4 x 8.4 x 10.7 inches