Skin Disease: Diagnosis and Treatment, 3rd Edition, by Drs. Thomas P. Habif, James L. Campbell, Jr., M. Shane Chapman, James G. H. Dinulos, and Kathryn A. Zug, is the quick and practical clinical reference you need to help you effectively diagnose and treat 250 common dermatologic diseases. You’ll find succinct, user-friendly chapters arranged by disorder type, updated treatment plans, and hundreds of new images showing diseases in various stages of manifestation, including detailed information and illustrations on tropical dermatology. Perfect for any medical practitioner who’d rather treat than refer patients with skin disease, this full-color resource will also serve you well when prepping for the boards.
- Gain reliable, practical, and efficient guidance regarding the diagnoses and treatment of the most common 250 dermatologic disorders, along with clinical tips presented by the experts.
- Accurately identify skin conditions in children with discussions of how they manifest differently than in adults.
- Quickly access the answers you need with the dermatologic drug formulary, a “differential diagnosis by anatomical region and lesion” guide, and the disorders index.
- Prescribe effective dermatologic treatment based on the practical diagnostic advice of Dr. Habif and fellow contributors who offer anterior and posterior diagrams of where diseases may be found on the body, classification of primary, secondary, and special lesions, pediatric considerations, clinical pearls to guide decision making, and more.
- Get and give the most up-to-date therapeutic advice available as every section in the book is revised with current treatment plans.
- Be prepared for travel-related skin diseases with new, richly illustrated coverage on tropical dermatology.
- See how skin disorders present at different stages with hundreds of new and often never-before-published images.
Diagnose and treat more of the dermatology disease you see every day and refer less with the expert guidance of Dr. Habif.
“This continues to be my all-time favorite, go-to book for a quick refresher on treatment and diagnostic tips as well as to confirm clinical findings by studying the gorgeous color photographs. This should be a mandatory purchase for medical students and dermatology residents. I recommend it be the first book you read on the subject. It provides an excellent basis for tackling the encyclopedic tomes on dermatology. Reading this is like falling in love again (with dermatology)!”
– Patricia Wong, MD, Stanford University Medical Center
This is a good book, however I think the Fitzpatrick dermatology book (I have 5th ed.) is organized better for a non dermatologist. If you use both and cross reference, this book has much more information. I have learned some new things from this book. It is worth looking into. It also has more pictures.
We use this book frequently in our clinic. operational medicine for marine recruits means lots and lots of rashes. this book is our best reference.
Great book for referencing dermatological issues while studying or showing patients. The etiology and classical presentations with great pictures makes this book a must have.
This book is truly amazing! I passed all my NP dermatology because of this book. The pictures are accurate and very much spot on. Use this book!!
Product Details :
- Series: Skin Disease: Diagnosis and Treatment (Habif)
- Paperback: 692 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 3 edition (July 7, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323077005
- ISBN-13: 978-0323077002
- Product Dimensions: 1.2 x 6 x 9 inches