Smith’s Recognizable Patterns of Human Malformation has long been known as the source to consult on multiple malformation syndromes of environmental and genetic etiology as well as recognizable disorders of unknown cause. This esteemed medical referencebook provides you with complete and authoritative, yet accessible guidance to help accurately diagnose these human disorders, establish prognoses, and provide appropriate management and genetic counseling.
- Recognize the visual signs of each environmental and genetic abnormality by consulting more than 1,500 full-color photographs and illustrations, many from the personal collections of Drs. Smith and Jones.
- Find all the answers you need about normal and abnormal morphogenesis, minor anomalies and their relevance, clinical approaches to specific diagnoses, and normal standards of measurement for the entire spectrum of human malformation syndromes.
- Efficiently identify genetic disorders in your patients with the inclusion of nearly 20 recently recognized entities/syndromes, as well as new chapters on Microdeletions and Microduplication Syndromes.
- Available digitally for the first time! You can now access Smith’s as an eBook or online at Expert Consult.
“This volume is an invaluable reference for all those engaged in the areas of genetics, dysmorphology, pediatrics, and internal medicine. Dr. Jones should be congratulated for perpetuating this great book…. A magnificent contribution to the field.” - Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine, Review of the 5th Edition.
Tells you what you need to know when you encounter a patient w/a “constellation of abnormalities” you don’t recognize or that you encounter only rarely. Reliable and understandable.
Product Details :
- Series: SMITH’S RECOGNIZABLE PATTERNS OF HUMAN MALFORMATION
- Hardcover: 1016 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 7 edition (September 20, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1455738115
- ISBN-13: 978-1455738113
- Product Dimensions: 10.6 x 7.6 x 1.7 inches