Social Research Methods: Qualitative and Quantitative Methods 7e is a highly regarded text that presents a comprehensive and balanced introduction to both qualitative and quantitative approaches to social research with an emphasis on the benefits of combining various approaches.
New this edition: MyResearchKit–Social Research Methods 7E can be packaged with this text at no additional cost (ISBN: 0205751342) or purchased separately.
- Multiple-choice practice test questions
- Flashcards of key terms
- Short research exercises (previously in the workbook)
- SPSS data sets: included in MyResearchKit - are used in some of the research exercises
- Social Explorer: census data from 1790 – present
- A “Social Research in the News” blog
- Writing tutorial: covers documenting sources, avoiding plagiarism, and various kinds of writing assignments (literature reviews, abstracts, research proposals, etc.)
- MySearchLab: a search engine for retrieving scholarly research articles from hundreds of academic journals
From the Back Cover
This highly regarded text present a comprehensive and balanced introduction to both qualitative and quantitative approaches to social research, emphasizing the benefits of combining various approaches. Dozens of new examples from actual research studies help illustrate concepts and methods.
About the Author
W. Lawrence Neuman James is professor of sociology and Asian Studies coordinator at University of Wisconsin-Whitewater. His M.A. and Ph.D. were earned at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He has authored seven books and published 35 articles and book chapters, which have appeared in Social Problems, Sociological Inquiry, Social Science Quarterly, American Sociological Review, Critical Asian Studies, Teaching Sociology, The Journal of Contemporary Asia, Sociological Quarterly, and other journals . He is a former president of the Wisconsin Sociological Association. Neuman has received his university’s highest award for research, the Chancellor’s Award for service to students with disabilities, as well as the the Wisconsin Sociological Association’s Outstanding Service Award, and the College of Letters and Sciences awards for outstanding teaching, excellence in research, and outstanding service.
Product Details :
- Hardcover: 640 pages
- Publisher: Pearson; 7 edition (October 15, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0205615961
- ISBN-13: 978-0205615964
- Product Dimensions: 9.2 x 7.1 x 1 inches