Completely updated in a new 5th edition, this book details the advances that have been made in theory development and demonstrate the continued relevance of theory to nursing practice. Chapters discuss concepts, statement, and theory development with recently published examples of theory strategies, emphasizing concept analytical work. Introductory chapters clarify the relevance of theory to nursing practice, while concluding chapters contain a greater emphasis on how theories can be tested for validity and utility in practice. Features include:
- Recent theory development work being done by nurses;
- Emergent philosophical views that reflect increased diversity;
- International nursing theory development.
- Updated material through-out
- Preliminary Notes that engage the reader with a personal voice.
If you are a student in an MPhil/PhD program and have to do concept analysis, then this is a must have. Walker and Avant simplified the Wilsonian method. I followed the book and did a great job in my coursework and then in the conceptual and operational definition of the variables for my research proposal.
You have come to the right book. Outstanding way of looking at building a research question. If you happen to be a graduate student, and you have no topic, this is the way to go!!!!!
This book was short, concise, and to the point. I really liked it and wish all of my text books were as good.
Product Details :
- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: Prentice Hall; 5th edition (September 25, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0132156881
- ISBN-13: 978-0132156882
- Product Dimensions: 0.6 x 6 x 9 inches