Gillen’s Stroke Rehabilitation: A Function-Based Approach, 3rd Edition is the only comprehensive, evidence-based stroke rehabilitation resource for occupational therapists. Extensively updated with the latest research in assessment and intervention, this essential text presents a holistic, application-based approach that integrates background medical information, samples of functionally based evaluations, and current treatment techniques and intervention strategies to help you confidently manage the growing number of stroke rehabilitation clients.
- UNIQUE! Case studies challenge you to apply rehabilitation concepts to realistic scenarios.
- Evidence-based clinical trials and outcome studies clearly outline the basis for stroke interventions.
- UNIQUE! Survivor’s Perspectives help you understand the stroke rehabilitation process from the client’s point-of-view.
- UNIQUE! A multidisciplinary approach highlights discipline-specific distinctions in stroke rehabilitation among occupation and physical therapists, physicians, and speech-language pathologists.
- Review questions in each chapter help you assess your understanding of rehabilitation concepts.
- Key terms and chapter objectives at the beginning of each chapter help you study more efficiently.
- Three new chapters broaden your understanding of stroke intervention in the areas of Using Technology to Improve Limb Function, Managing Speech and Language Deficits after Stroke, and Parenting after Stroke.
- Learning activities and interactive references on a companion Evolve Resources website help you review textbook content and locate additional information.
This is a fantastic book for any rehabilitation therapist. Great reference on how to progress and target issues when working with a stroke recovery patient. Recommend this book 100%. Delivery of book was timely. Book shrink wrapped and in excellent condition.
A lot of great info and insight for the inpatient, acute and sub acute therapist. I really love the evidence based treatment ideas.
I have just recently ordered the book and although it looks great, there are pages missing. Pages 223-270 are missing and have not been removed, but rather it appears to have been done during the publication process. The wholeseller informed me that they did not have any new ones to exchange it with. ? I don’t want to return the book, but rather want the missing pages. From what I have skimmed through, the book seems to be very applicable to practice.
Product Details :
- Series: Stroke Rehabilitation
- Hardcover: 800 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 3 edition (October 6, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323059112
- ISBN-13: 978-0323059114
- Product Dimensions: 1.4 x 8.4 x 10.8 inches