The 5-Minute Clinical Consult 2014 Standard Edition provides rapid-access in a quick-reference format. It delivers diagnosis, treatment, medications, follow-up, and associated factors for a broad range of diseases and conditions. Organized alphabetically by diagnosis, this best-selling clinical reference continues to present brief, bulleted information on disease topics in a consistent and reader-friendly three-column format.
Trusted features include…
• More than 900 topics in print address a range of commonly encountered diseases and disorders
• 21 new topics include Ageusia; Anabolic Steroid Abuse; Anosmia; Adult Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Adult; Calciphylaxis; Ductal Carinoma in situ; Dysplastic Nevus Syndrome; Hair Tourniquet Syndrome; and more
• New algorithms in print and online include Treatment of Shoulder Pain and more
30-Day FREE Online Access to 5minuteconsult.com accompanies this book. 5minuteconsult.com is the quickest, most affordable, evidence-based workflow tool at the point-of-care. Access includes…
- Diseases & Conditions - Thousands of bulleted topics from across our 5-Minute Series to support your patient care decisions
- 12-in-1 - Access to content derived from specialty areas across our primary care portfolio
- Internet Point-of-Care CME/CE - Earn CME/CE credits as you treat your patients at no additional cost
- Customizable Patient Handouts - Over 1,000 handouts in English/Spanish from AAFP to help educate your patients
- Procedure Video - Build your skills with procedure videos and also have access to physical therapy videos
- Drugs - A to Z drug monographs from Facts & Comparison with patient education and interactions
- Algorithms - Diagnostic and Treatment algorithms linked to associated topic for quick reference
- Images - Provide visual guidance in areas such as dermatology, radiology, etc
- Monthly Updates - Topics, videos, handouts, drugs and more updated on a monthly basis
Review“Best medical website on the internet. Perfect balance between brevity and detail.” – Dr. Lori Fewin, MD“Great reference. Easy to use. Up to date. Lots of patient education info. Wouldn’t change anything!” – Dr. Tanya Anim, MD
–This text refers to an alternate Hardcover edition.
Up to date information and references. I got the Kindle version, rather than carry another 1600 page book around. However, it is hard to see the algorithm. It is slow to zoom in on them for reading, even on my Kindle for PC. I find this problem with all Kindle books that have diagrams.Arghh….took 10 minutes to search for some topics. I can look things up faster by an internet search or with paperback book. I was really hopeful this Kindle version would work.
Great resource book for NP students, love the algorithms. It has ICD 9 codes which helps but does not have ICD 10 codes which we will be switching to. It is still a good book to buy…I’m not buying for the ICD info and I can always look that up.
I have had a copy of the 5 Minute Clinical Consultant in my office library for the past 6 years. This book is a great addition to your clinical library. My area of practice is Internal Medicine. This book provides an alphabetical listing of common (and not as common) medical conditions. The subheadings under each condition provide ready information to review with your patients as well as community resources available to the patient for support and additional education. Highly recommended for the busy nurse.
Product Details :
- Series: Griffith’s 5 Minute Clinical Consult
- Hardcover: 1632 pages
- Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; Twenty-Second edition (May 20, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1451188501
- ISBN-13: 978-1451188509
- Product Dimensions: 2.2 x 8.5 x 11.3 inches