Known as the gold standard of research methods texts, THE PRACTICE OF SOCIAL RESEARCH, 12th Edtion, is a comprehensive, straightforward introduction to the field of research as practiced by social scientists. This best-selling text emphasizes the research process by showing readers how to design research studies, introducing the various observation modes in use today, and answering questions about research methods–such as how to conduct online surveys and analyze both qualitative and quantitative data. THE PRACTICE OF SOCIAL RESEARCH provides the tools readers need to apply social research concepts inside the classroom and out, and as both researchers and consumers.
- Provide the best faculty and user support package in the research methods course market. No other text has the depth and breadth of the supplemental support package for The Practice of Social Research.
- Choose the text that appeals to today’s user! Numerous examples (both real-world and hypothetical), abundant figures and tables, sample research tools, and the author’s renowned sense of humor and compassion combine to make The Practice of Social Research the most accessible text on social research methods available.
- Streamline coursework with end-of-chapter features like point-by-point chapter summaries, a list of key terms, review questions and exercises, research proposal exercises, and an “Online Study Resources” section.
- Reinforce key ideas with a running glossary at the foot of each page. These in-chapter definitions also make chapter reviews and exam preparation easier.
- Boost user achievement with chapter-beginning overviews that explain chapter objectives and how the material fits into the overall scheme of social research. A chapter table of contents also provides a roadmap for reviews and tests.
Although several reviews critized the author. I believe the author has gone the extra mile to present social research analysis with a more simplistic method from other authors such as Cresswell. Do not worry about the jokes the author makes, not the best ones, however, but if you stick to the reading and forget about the jokes, you will be amazed to how much you will be able to grasp about social research.
Product Details :
- Series: Practice of Social Research
- Hardcover: 624 pages
- Publisher: Cengage Learning; 12 edition (February 3, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0495598410
- ISBN-13: 978-0495598411
- Product Dimensions: 9.2 x 7.2 x 1.1 inches