Completely revised, this 6th edition of The Wills Eye Manual: Office And Emergency Room Diagnosis And Treatment Of Eye Disease is the perfect guide for all clinicians who treat eye disorders.
Written in a concise outline format, this easy-to-read, pocket-sized reference is perfect for diagnosis and management of hundreds of ocular conditions. From symptom to treatment it covers every ocular disorder likely to be encountered in an office, emergency room, or hospital setting.
Yet even though it’s small enough to fit in a pocket, this book provides the most accurate and current information on over 200 ophthalmic conditions. It even includes the results of some of the most recent major clinical trials — including those related to the care of patients with macular degeneration and retinal vein occlusion.
NEW TO THE SIXTH EDITION:
· Chapters thoroughly updated and streamlined to make room for new and expanded topics
· Recent major clinical trials data included on care of patients with macular degeneration and retinal vein occlusion
· Updates in the management of orbital fractures, eyelid lacerations, strabismus, amblyopia, and ocular malignancies
· New high definition photographs of external, anterior segment, and posterior segment disease processes
· Imaging modalities updated, especially optical coherence tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, computed tomography, and ultrasound biomicroscopy
“The book covers an extensive amount of ocular pathology that is easy to understand and follow. The format is well designed and standard throughout the book. It does an excellent job of walking practitioners through symptoms, signs, work-up, treatment, and follow-up. The images provide visual support to aid in diagnosis.”
“The Wills Eye Manual has been widely successful since it was first published in 1990. It is an exceptional book and a wonderful tool for almost any medical professional. It is well written, comprehensive, and easy to understand. This excellent manual stands without peer among its contemporaries.”
- Doody’s Book Review (January 2013)
Christopher B Chambers, MD(Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine)
Excellent choice…fully recommended ,nice figures ,very good structure of writing , a useful tool for every practitioner or even for student.
This book is great and the Kindle edition really comes through well! I used this as part of my ophtho rotation and it was extremely beneficial.
Product Details :
- Paperback: 471 pages
- Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; Sixth, North American Edition edition (March 19, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1451109385
- ISBN-13: 978-1451109382
- Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 0.7 x 9.1 inches