USMLE Step 2 Secrets is an easy-to-read review perfect for busy students like you. Adam Brochert, MD-who scored in the 99th percentile on the Step 2 USMLE-and Theodore X. O’Connell, MD-author of several review and clinical reference books-present essential questions and answers covering the important concepts you need to know to score well on the USMLE Step 2 exam: key conditions you will be expected to recognize, all specialty and subspecialty topics, and necessary clinical concepts.
- Learn the most important questions and answers with the proven format of the highly acclaimed Secrets Series.
- Master all specialty and subspecialty topics covered on Step 2.
- Identify key facts and secrets using the Top 100 Secrets chapter.
- Review material quickly and easily thanks to bulleted lists, algorithms, and illustrations.
- Apply the pearls, tips, memory aids, and “secrets” from well-known and highly popular authors, Adam Brochert, MD and Theodore X. O’Connell, MD.
- Find information quickly with a second color highlighting chapter and section titles, legends, bullets and icons, and key terms.
- Consult the book wherever you go thanks to the portable size that fits in your lab coat pocket.
This is definitely a useful book to buy. However, I must say one thing. If you already have the second edition to this book, then DO NOT buy this book. It is almost EXACTLY the same, word for word. There are only a few minor changes, but other then that it is the same. There are some newer pictures that are better in quality, and the actual printing of the book is higher quality, but as far as actual substance, it is the same. I thought there would be new updates when i purchased it and compared it to my second edition, and I saw there was really no difference. There were I believe 5 new points in the obstetrics section, and a few different Drugs of Choice for the ID portion. Other then that, it was literally word for word the same thing. So I ended up returning the 3rd edition and just stuck with my 2nd edition. So it is up to you, if you feel like spending extra money for not a whole lot extra, go ahead and buy the 3rd edition, but if you want to save a good amount of money, you can find the 2nd edition for under $5 and get the same information. Either way, I do recommend this book and feel it is necessary in addition to USMLE World Q-Bank to Step 2 CK prep. Best of luck!
This book is informative and concise, reviewing all of the essential high-yield material for the USMLE Step 2 CK. I have browsed other USMLE Step 2 CK preparation books, but this one has the best mixture of breadth and depth of coverage of the wide range of topics encountered during the third year of medical school. Not only has this text been helpful as a brief review of topics before each third year clerkship, it covers much of the information tested on the Step 2 CK. The text is laid out in a logical manner and the explanations of the topics make sense. I would highly recommend to any third year medical student or anyone studying for the USMLE Step 2 CK to purchase this text.
Edit: Received score back today, got a 275. This was the only book I used, in addition of course to the question bank.
This is a great resource to carry in you lab coat throughout your third year. It has great information that will help prepare you for USMLE Step 2 while providing good review on the wards. The book is high yield and I would definitely recommend this book as a starter for studying. As the exam gets closer more information will be helpful such as USMLE World. A must buy for those that want to succeed with competitive board scores
Product Details :
- Series: Secrets
- Paperback: 365 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 3 edition (June 24, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323057136
- ISBN-13: 978-0323057134
- Product Dimensions: 0.5 x 5.3 x 8.5 inches
More Details about USMLE Step 2 Secrets, 3rd Edition