USMLE Step 2 Secrets is an easy-to-read review perfect for busy students like you. Theodore X. O’Connell, MD – author of several review and clinical reference books – has thoroughly revised this popular text, which presents essential questions and answers covering the important concepts you need to know to score well on the USMLE Step 2 exam: key conditions you will be expected to recognize, all specialty and subspecialty topics, and necessary clinical concepts.
- Learn the most important questions and answers with the proven format of the highly acclaimed Secrets Series®.
- Master all specialty and subspecialty topics covered on Step 2.
- Identify key facts in the “Top 100 Secrets.”
- Consult the book wherever you go thanks to a portable size that fits in your lab coat pocket.
- Review material quickly and easily thanks to bulleted lists, algorithms, illustrations, and a new 4-color section featuring key pathologic and clinical images.
- Apply tips, memory aids, and “secrets” gathered by Theodore X. O’Connell, MD, and used trusted by students to pass the boards.
- Find information quickly with a second color highlighting chapter and section titles, legends, bullets and icons, and key terms.
- Benefit from thorough revisions that ensure high-yield focus and most current overview of board-tested content.
This book is the equivalent of what First Aid was for Step 1. I just took Step 2 and this is the book to have. I just wish I had read it more than once! When combined with a question resource, like NMS, you have the perfect study material. (The NMS questions were a little bit more picky than the actual test by the way, but excellent in scope.)
Secrets is concise and tells you what you need to know for the Boards, giving common clinical scenarios, etc. I highly recommend it!
I very highly recommend this book! has the right emphasis, and there were LOADS of questions from within these pages on my step 2 exam. Not only does it give you high yeild stuff, but it gives you alot of confidence. I found it more enjoyable than its counterpart – crush the boards, which has, basically the same material, in a different format. The question-answer style is brilliant! there are a couple of mistakes in it (eg-CSF pressure is written in mm Hg instead of mm of H2O…stuff like that) but you can totally forgive him, cos he’s helpin you so so much!!
Its a great investment. Much much better than first aid for step2
An excellent book, I recommend this book to any body who wants to take USMLE STEP 2. it reviews almost every high yeild points needed for this exam. I read other books (first aid step 2, ALS step 2, crush step2 and ….) but this one was the best. if you need only one perfect book go on for this without second thought. good luck.
Loved the question format, much better than some of the other secrets series books. Questions are written in a way that makes sure you understand the material and the author actually has a pretty good sense of humor. I read this book in the week before the exam and it helped me get at least an extra 30 questions right that I wouldn’t have got from the other review books I read.
Product Details :
- Series: Secrets
- Paperback: 368 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 4 edition (December 27, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323188141
- ISBN-13: 978-0323188142