When it comes to caring for children, no other resource better prepares you for practice than Wong’s Essentials of Pediatric Nursing. Authored by Marilyn Hockenberry and David Wilson, two of the most well-known and respected names in the field, Wong’s features the most readable, up-to-date, and accurate content available. An abundance of full-color illustrations helps you visualize key concepts, and highlighted boxes and tables offer quick access to vital facts and information. Plus, when you buy this book, you get unlimited access to hands-on study tools that help you learn pediatric nursing essentials with ease!
- Developmental approach clearly identifies key issues at each stage of a child’s growth to help you provide appropriate, individualized care for each child.
- UNIQUE! Family focus includes a separate chapter on the role of the family in child health, family content throughout the text, and Family-Centered Care boxes that highlight information on patient teaching, home care, and incorporating the family in the child’s care.
- An emphasis on wellness offers health promotion and injury prevention strategies for each age group.
- UNIQUE! Evidence-Based Practice boxes demonstrate how research is applied to nursing care in the clinical setting.
- UNIQUE! Atraumatic Care boxes provide guidance for administering nursing care with minimal pain or stress to the child, family, and nurse.
- NEW! Safety Alerts call your attention to important patient safety considerations and support the QSEN initiative for better outcomes of nursing care.
- NEW! Quality Patient Outcomes content in Nursing Care Management discussions for major diseases and disorders helps you understand how the care you provide impacts patient safety and promotes positive outcomes.
- UNIQUE! Critical thinking case studies allow you to test and develop your analytical skills in a variety of clinical situations.
- NEW! Drug Alerts throughout the text emphasize important drug information and point out potential issues.
- NEW! Pathophysiology Reviews highlight and clarify complex pathophysiology information.
- Completely updated content focuses on timely, practical topics, including methods for measuring competency and outcomes, the nurse’s role in injury prevention, shaken baby syndrome/traumatic brain injury, Healthy People 2020, car restraints, immunizations, late preterm infants, and childhood obesity.
- Expanded and updated coverage of genetics addresses the latest advances in the field as it relates to children in health and illness.
Wong’s Essentials of Pediatric Nursing continues to be a core text book that every children’s nursing student should have at their finger tips to compliment lecture notes and to assist them to integrate theory and practice. Each chapter has ‘nursing alerts’ and critical thinking exercises… It holds relevance for all children’s nurses and the usefulness of Wong’s Essentials of Pediatric Nursing continues long after completion of a programme in children’s nursing as a reference guide.” Nurse Education in Practice, April 2009
The book is in excellent condition as stated in the advertisement. I received it quicker than expected as well! I would recommend this seller to others as will use this butter in the future!
It was the last textbook to arrive. It was within the time period. I wish they would offer an expedited mailing instead of the standard mailing. The book is for an excelerated course and time is everything to a college student. I have no complaints they did an excellent job.
Product Details :
- Series: Wong’s Essentials of Pediatric Nursing
- Paperback: 1224 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 9 edition (October 2, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323083439
- ISBN-13: 978-0323083430
- Product Dimensions: 1.6 x 8.4 x 10.6 inches