Yao and Artusio’s Anesthesiology is among the core texts for anesthesiology residents, and is frequently used as one of the primary study aids for the ABA oral boards. The book covers all areas of anesthesia using a problem-based approach. As in prior editions, the goal of the text is to present a group of important clinical entities covering the most critical anesthetic problems, and to provide logical and scientific fundamentals for individualized patient management.
Each chapter is based on a real-world case history and includes questions that address every facet of management—from disease knowledge and differential diagnosis, through preoperative evaluation, intraoperative management, and postoperative care. The discussion of each question is followed by a short list of the most important references on that topic.
• Real-world cases incorporate questions commonly encountered on the wards and are great preparation for the oral boards.
• Broad scope covers all major areas of anesthesiology
• Problem-based approach emphasizes critical thinking, collaborative decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
NEW to the Seventh Edition…
• Fully revised content with updated references assures readers of the most current, clinically relevant information.
• Full-color, abundantly illustrated format highlights essential anatomic features and improves anesthetic technique.
• New pediatrics section highlights the specific challenges of anesthesia in young patients.
• New authors and contributors share expertise and fresh perspectives from a range of disciplines.
• Companion website includes the fully searchable text.
Well written, concise, easy to read and offers many clinical anesthesia implications for anesthesia students. I have a paper copy and a copy on inkling.
My friend found this book to be very detailed and useful in his studies. He would definitely recommend this book for those studying anesthesia.
Great review of basic anesthesiology principles. I love the immediate feedback of the electronic version! I highly recommend it to anyone just starting out in anesthesiology!
From the moment I bought, became a partner in studies and professional enrichment activities. Excellent and fun option for knowledge recycling.
Product Details :
- Hardcover: 1376 pages
- Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; Seventh edition (November 4, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1451102658
- ISBN-13: 978-1451102659
- Product Dimensions: 2.3 x 7.4 x 10.4 inches